So if I learned one thing over the weekend...it's that I soooooo need to stop leaving shit to the last minute. I am such a crammer. Always have been and unfortunately most likely always will be. Following last blog post, exhausted as I was, I decided I would wrap Meegan's wedding gift, because as it was I had to be at her place at 7am and still had a gazillion things to get done. So waking up even earlier than I already had to was not going to be fun in my books. LUCKY I had this thought. The gift (I should say gifts, there were 3 separate boxes) took more wrapping paper than required. Probably because gift number one was a massive, mutant sized clock on steroids. I swear this thing is sooo huge it literally took 4 entire sheets of wrapping paper. Which was a bit of a shit, seeing as I had only picked up four sheets of wrapping paper. And not only did I run out of wrapping paper - I also ran out of sticky tape before finishing with the intricate clock-wrapping procedure. As you do. So I couldn't finish the wrapping off even if I had more paper. Anyway by the time this took place and I got myself showered and food all prepped for the wedding day, I didn't toddle off to bed til 1.30am. And my wake up time had gone from 6.30am to 5.30am as I now needed to get my ass to Coles at opening time to get some more paper and finish the wrapping procedure before presenting for hair and make up duty.
As it turned out, mission failed. Coles had no more of the paper I had picked up only the night before (yes I had even left the purchase of said paper to the last minute, and the Newsagency had closed by the time I turned up to buy wrapping paper on Friday night). Clearly I was so tired during the purchase that I didn't notice I had taken the last few sheets. So now not only was I in a mega rush, but I was going to have oddly matching paper. Meh, whatever. It was only gonna get ripped off the present anyway (lol as it turns out, when I told Meegan the reason for the oddly matching paper she laughed and told me I should have just wrapped it in newspaper. Gotta love her!! hehe) Anyway I managed to wrap the pressies with no further kafuffles (spelling?) and despite it looking like the biggest rush job in the world (it was), Meegan literally tore the paper off in 12 nano seconds that morning!
The day went so smoothly, not one drama at all. Meegan made an absolutely stunning bride (and I am not being biased, that's the honest truth!) and was the happiest bride I have ever seen...to the point where in the church service, after the 'pronounce you man and wife, kiss the bride' bit, she started jumping up and down on the spot, like a kid who just got their shiny new bike for Christmas! It was gorgeous...I have never seen her so happy. And the look in Ben's eyes as he looked at her was just priceless.
I did pretty good with the food thing. During the getting ready bit (hair, makeup etc) the girls ate brekkie (toast etc) and Meegan had organised a platter of chocolate-dipped strawberries, which looked divine and sooo juicy...but I resisted temptation (just!!) I had taken along some protein apple and cinnamon muffins that I had made for brekkie and then for lunch I ate my tuna with steamed greens while the girls nibbled on Subway sandwiches that Meegan's mum went and picked up. I planned to have my cheat in the evening and I did. I had about a glass and a half of champers during the afternoon, ate the dinner (which they had given me without sauces) and had a piece of their wedding cake and a couple of little chocolates that came out with coffee. That was pretty much it, nothing too extravagant.
Sunday was spent training, then having lunch at Mum's with the Melbournites and my grandmother and an uncle. My sister-in-law flew back to Melbourne in the late afternoon as she had to go back to work today but my brother is staying til tomorrow night, so had a scheduled hang out with him. We were both too exhausted to go anywhere so we just ordered a movie on Foxtel and had dinner and watched that.
OK I have just realised how much I have written so I better jet before putting anyone to sleep lol. I will post some of the wedding pics later tonight or tomorrow some time.
Til next time...train hard and be good.
Vic x
aww..I haven't been to a wedding in ages. All my friends are too frikkin' old or divorced already. Oh well, I can always hold out for the kid's weddings.
ReplyDeleteI gotta really get more disciplined with the food. So impressed you were good all day (and only half a glass of champagne!!).
Can't wait to see the pics!