Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another day, another box of tissues

I wish I was posting to tell you all how much better I am feeling but sadly, me and my box of Kleenex are still having intimate relations. While Friday and yesterday were spent with the feeling that a Mack Truck had run over my face (fricken sinus problems...did I mention that I have polyps in my sinus cavity blocking the entrance to my nose on one side, and therefore any infection is hard to dislodge. I have had surgery twice to remove them but unfortunately the lil fuckers just keep growing back). Well last night after my 4th or so nap in the evening I woke up and the stupid infection had travelled to my chest. So while my head isn't as stuffy as it was, it now feels like a lung is going to come hurling out my mouth every time I cough. Charming visualisation there, I know.

Anyway I am really hoping that this shit clears up overnight so I can get back to training. My body is feeling great for the rest but mentally I am going fricken insane. I can't do this no training shit for much longer!!! I am actually scheduled to cover a Spin class tomorrow night during my shift at work as the normal instructor is OS at the moment so being able to breathe through a 45min high intensity cardio session would be very helpful, like NOW!!

OK rant over.

I have spent lots of time doing not much of anything but had a couple of outings today which was nice. Not that they were massive but sooo good to get out of the house. The first was to the grocery store. Not much of an outing I know. I needed eggs and some other assorted bodybuilding staples (OK chicken, broccoli and rice to be exact) and while I am in the fruit n veg section I bumped into none other than my mother. So we finished our shopping and then went to a little cafe at the shopping centre for a coffee. As I said nothing special but nice to have coffee outside of my loungeroom!

Next outing was to World Gym to do the posing workshop. The girls showed up and the changes are really starting to show on them now. They are leaning out at a quicker rate, and their posing is getting much much better, and more natural. Caught up with Mark (the manager) while I was there, he competed in the CCI last weekend and took out the Mens' Novice category, he looked sensational. Well we got talking about what other comps he is doing this year and he is going in NABBA and the IFBB (same one as me) - turns out that NABBA Nationals are in Sydney this year for the first time in forever. NABBA/WFF haven't run shows in Sydney in a few years now...it is 2 weeks before IFBB...and I am contemplating doing it. I think I would definitely have to go for WFF though as I am so not big enough for NABBA...but will have to look more into it as I am not sure what the height/weight ratio is for WFF Figure and I may struggle to make the weight I think. Anyway something to research.

Not much else to report on. No more movie reviews for you, I have been watching SATC since yesterday afternoon, starting at Season One all over again. I watch the entire 6 series once a year so this may as well be it.

OK gonna jet off as have ranted enough. Need to go speak to the Universe about this waking up recovered thing :)

So til next time, train hard and be good.

Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment