Sorry to disappoint you all folks, but it's not another movie review. I never ended up watching Quarantine, and returned it to the store today. Which was just stupid and a big fat waste of one of my 4 for $10 new release movie choices as it was a 3-nighter, and I only hired it Monday. So today, being Wednesday, meant I returned it a day prematurely. That's how far removed I have felt from society and everyday living, people, that I don't even know what fricken day it is!! I even frantically rushed around today to get it back on time to avoid the overdue fee!! Ludicrous. So if anyone out there has watched Quarantine (new enough to be included in the New Release rental specials but not so new that it warrants single night rental only), please feel free to leave a movie review via my comments section. One sentence (hell, even one word) is fine.
OK so onto other news. Let's see. My loungeroom looks the same. My TV is going fuzzy from overuse. I got up early this morning and went for a walk before breakfast and my drugs from last night must have still been in effect as I felt fine, aside from the DOMS like feeling in my gluteal region. I don't think I have mentioned that - this illness has left me with muscular aches scarily resemblant (is that a real word?) to DOMS, especially in my ass. Not sure what that's about - if I am going to be suffering DOMS then I would like to actually be doing the training and getting the associated benefits? WTF?? Anyway back to the walk - it was only half an hour, but hey I'm not complaining - that's 30 mins more exercise than I have done in over a week. So I get home and chow down on my brekkie (mmm egg-whitey-oats with chocolate essence and raspberries), feeling pretty damn good. So good that I have a coffee and then throw on the old training gear, and head off to the gym for my first session in what feels like a bloody eternity. Now for those who don't know, my gym (also my place of work) is located approximately 3mins drive (or 10min walk, only cos it's uphill) from home. Now I am not sure what the fuck happened in the 3 mins between my house and the gym but by the time I got there I felt like that Mack Truck from last week had come and knocked me over again. I walked in and our lovely morning receptionist takes one look at my puffy face (complete with swollen, watery, red eyes) and says "You don't think you're training, do you? Look at you!! Go and sit in the detox box!" And I knew she was right - there was no way I could have trained. I grumpily took myself up the stairs, iPod and current edition of Hardcore Aussie Muscle in tow, and fell asleep in the detox box (for those who aren't familiar with said box, it's like a sauna but run on infra red, GREAT for releasing toxins from the body and brilliant post-training to help get rid of lactic acid) for half an hour. Went home after that and had a massive nap.
Despite my boss calling me to make sure I was ok to go to work (in her words, 'Mary saw you this morning and said you looked like crap, are you SURE you want to come in?') I toddled off to work this arvo/evening and while I felt like trash being there (and I'm pretty sure it's the longest I have actually been awake in one hit in the last 2 weeks) it was so nice to get out of my house and be around people!! I have been feeling rather hermit-like of late and felt I was starting to grow roots (get your minds out of the gutter!) on my couch.
Anyway it's been a rather long day for me, (God do I sound like a bloody nanna or what) so I am going to go and hit the sack. I have decided that I will take the rest of the week off training as clearly my body is fighting me hard at the moment. My aim is to get a daily walk in though, so that come Monday when I hit the training properly again, my body doesn't go into complete shock. Bad enough that I have butt DOMS without having done anything - imagine when I start again!! lol
So off to bed for me. As always, train hard and be good!
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment