I am posting today from work. I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, so made and ate my brekkie, got ready and came into work. Mistake. By the time I got here the sinus pain that I had last night (it was pretty bad last night) came back to bite me on the ass. I am halfway through my shift and am trying to survive as long as I can...which probably won't be much longer...this aircon is not doing me any favours.
So I am still off the training which I am itching to get back into but at the same time I think my body is loving the rest. But I have also had plenty of time to think over my options and goals. And I have decided the following. I will not be doing the INBA comps. There is no way that I can be ready in time in a healthy manner. It's not a dieting competition so there will be no starvation to get lean enough. And I won't get up on stage unless I am ready to get up on stage. SO...I will be doing IFBB only, which is 11 weeks away today.
I thought that I would be feeling disappointed if I had pulled out of the comps, especially since I had been looking forward to competing in the Olympia this year. But I don't - actually I am feeling really positive about doing the IFBB (NSW/Australian Titles). I like doing IFBB comps so why not? And I have 11 weeks now so am well ahead of where I need to be.
Speaking to Miss Ferny last night and I am going to be accountable to her for the next 11 weeks so that I don't feel so alone. Besides, doing my own training/diet etc, I have slacked off on actually having a SET diet plan and also taking my measurements. So we made a deal. I will now be emailing all my plans etc, and measurements, through on a weekly basis to her. And if I fall out of line, I expect her to haul my ass back in. So I guess on the 100 Day Challenge, she is now one of my recruits :)
Despite being sick my water intake has been well up - I know I need to be keeping the fluids up especially now. Food has been good, yesterday I did a bit of intuitive eating and included some bread and bananas in my meals (which I don't normally do) as I felt being unwell that it is not a bad idea to give my body nutritious food it is craving. I even managed to keep my calories and carbs within my set range, despite having bread and extra oats in my day. So thumbs up for that :)
Rest - well I can't be faulted on that for this last few days. If I have any more rest you will need to get a chisel to remove my butt from the couch!! Lol. Seriously I have definitely caught up on the rest thing.
And for those waiting on movie reviews (cos I am such an expert), well Benjamin Button never happened, but the nice man at the video store let me swap it for another movie. So I got one called The Last Word, with Ray Romano and Wynona Ryder in it. It was very bizarre. About a guy who makes his living from writing suicide notes for people who are about to top themselves, who falls in love with a client's sister. Yep, weird!
After that I watched Twilight...FINALLY! Yep, it was pretty good. Not that good that I would watch it every single day, at least once (would you believe I have a friend that actually did that, for like, a month!!) or develop some weird ass cult obsession with Edward, but pretty good, enough that I *might* consider reading the book/s. Don't hold me to that though...that's just a 'maybe'...
Anyway kiddies I best be getting back to my Sudafed and Kleenex before my head explodes (no really, I think it may).
So til next time, train hard (and do some for me, please!!) and be good.
Vic x
Good decision me thinks. Always good when you think it's going to be hard but then that weight is lifted, and then you know you've made right choice.
ReplyDeleteI'm feelin ya on the sinus. I've suffered with it since I was young. Especially when the weather changes. Feels like someone has my head in a vice.. try gently running your fingers over your forehead, under your eyebrowns and on your cheek bones. It will stimulate the lymphatic system and help drain the sinuses. Work downwards really softly as the lymphatic system lies just below the skin. If you push too hard it won't work (this is what my massage therapist told me...0