I think it's safe to say that my mojo returned in leaps and bounds this week. I haven't been spending much time on here as I have been absolutely tearing it up in the gym, making up for lost time from being sick. I have been caning the cardio this week, loads more HIIT sessions than normal (I am normally a steady state girl but I needed to take A.C.T.I.O.N if I want to make the INBA NSW...which I seriously do...) and been upping the reps on the weights to lean out more. To say it's been a ripper of a week is an understatement.
I have seen some good changes this week and have had loads of positive comments from quite a few people. Unforunately I had a bit of a downer comment today...I went into a supps shop that one of my mates works at to purchase some more thermogenics, and a man I know who competes too was there...he said to me "you not competing this year?"...which made me feel bloody lousy for a while, but then in thinking about it he has only ever seen me compete at a much lower weight than I intend to be this season and am guessing that's what he figures I would be doing again if I were competing. Nope, no little, sinewy muscles for me this year...nice muscle bellies is what it's about in '09 for this little black duck. And the question has made me more determined to smash the next 5 weeks and get up on that stage looking awesome.
I have made a few changes to my diet for the next week and then again for the following weeks leading into comp week. So this week will be stepping it up a notch with the diet and should see some good progress.
Have had a great weekend too. For once, they got me to work on Friday and have Saturday off so I actually got a full weekend (2 consecutive days)... Got 3 cardio sessions and one leg workout into the day yesterday and in between that hung out with my bestie and went shopping. Last night I went to a surprise 30th and caught up with some friends I haven't seen in ages...I had a ball. Latest night I have had in ages too I might add hehe...I have certainly turned into a nanna this year lol.
Today I went off to teach posing and then to a shoe and handbag party...mmmm I LOVVVVE shopping :) I refrained from buying more shoes for my collection (last count I had more than 60 pairs!) but did order a hot hot hot handbag, can't wait to get it!!
So weekend is over (well as over as it gets) and have prepped food for tomorrow. Gonna be an early morning to fit all this extra cardio in. Woman on a mission!! LOOK OUT!!
Til next time, train hard and be good,
Vic x
All the best Vicki for the up and coming comp! You are working so hard, I will be watching you with interest! You will prove that guy in the supps shop wrong!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff on your mojo returning!
ReplyDeleteVicki, have you ever met an obese woman who's completely changed her body?
Do you think it's ever too late? I seriously doubt I could get to where you are from here (too much skin would prob be an issue) but it sure would be nice to have some muscle tone where things don't sag.
Seriously, my ass is looking like crap these days and I'm wondering if I can get it back in half decent shape at my age ... 49.
I'd love your opinion on this if you have the time.
Karen
x
p.s. I admire your commitment to your goals.
Hi Pip,thank you!! It is so nice to have the support of so many people - definitely helps with the motivation levels :) My intention is to get up there and kick some ass!! lol In all seriousness I think I will have acheived just by getting on that stage this year - anything else is a bonus!! But believe me when I say I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to make it happen :)
ReplyDeleteHi there Karen, thanks - I am so glad it's come back too!!
To answer your question - YES!! I definitely have. In fact many of my figure (and blogger) friends have done just that. It is definitely NEVER too late, and if you do it slowly (the healthier and more sustainable way to do it) the skin won't be as much of an issue as if you crash diet and lose the weight really quickly. If you want some tips or just an idea of where to start, I am more than happy to help you with advice, you can email me at victoria(dot) misitano (at) gmail(dot)com (easier to chat via email than here!!)
Good luck kicking those goals - remember, the only thing stopping you is your mind...
Vicki x