Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back on the Chicken Soup

I *should* be writing my 100 day challenge update but to be honest with you (and me) I have been pretty slack in this department. I have not been doing anything to earn extra skinny bones, nor do I have any idea how many bones I actually have? Or what day I am even up to? Bad form, I know. My challenges are going *OK*. I say OK because I have been spot on with water consumption and with the training rest/new split program but sleep has been a bit of a write off. I had 4 hours Friday night, 7 hours Saturday night, can't even remember Sunday night, and under 5 hours last night. Not great, I know. But it's the truth.

I am feeling a little crappy today as woke up with a bit of a sore throat. It wasn't too bad at all this morning, just a little 'how ya going' so went and did my back workout. I only squeezed 20min on the stepper in after my weights session as I had to get home to meet a PT client for outdoor training, and figured I would just make up for it tonight by doing extra cardio. Didn't happen. I turned up to start work at 12pm and the aircon did me no favours. I left work at 4pm with the pain having spread to my ears, stingy/itchy eyes and body aches and pains. I have since been on the couch and have had a home delivery of mum's famous chicken soup, which I have eaten about a litre worth of. Feels like I now have razorblades in my throat and I am dreading the thought of teaching my 6.15am spin class tomorrow morning. But at the same time I hate missing cardio. I am less than 7 weeks out and am not in a position where I can afford to have time off training so it's really bugging me. I just hope I miraculously wake up feeling awesome in the morning...but to be honest it's not looking good...

In other news...hmmm there isn't much!! lol... On that note I think I might chuck a dvd on and crash out on the couch. What is it about falling asleep on the couch when you feel sick?? Or is that just me?

1 comment:

  1. My mum used to put us on the couch with our doonas in front of the telly, with chicken soup. Icy poles for a sore throat. Loved it!!! Still do when I'm crook. So I understand where you're coming from. Ez

    ReplyDelete