Thursday, August 6, 2009

Me and my couch

OK so it seems my germs are not going away anytime soon. Woke up feeling like crappola again today so figured I should probably haul my ass to the doc's. I apparently have myself a respiratory infection, which isn't going anywhere in the next few days, according to my wise GP. So no training, no work, doctor's orders.

Last night I was fretting a bit about having missed some training and the prospect of missing some more. Today I have put a positive spin on it. Not that I am in the least bit impressed about being unwell, but I am taking it as an opportunity to get me some much needed rest. My taking into account that I needed to alot more time to rest during the 100 Day Challenge means that I subconsciously know I haven't been getting enough of it lately. My body has obviously come on board with this belief now, and is forcing me to take some time out. So for once, I am listening to it. I have taken myself to the local video store (why are they still called video stores anyway? do they even stock videos anymore? i haven't even noticed lol) and got myself the following movies:

* Benjamin Button (whatever the full title is, can't quite think of it and the case is a whole 3 feet away which is much too far for me to bother checking)
* He's just not that into you (which I might add, I expect to be trashy, I am in the mood for some trash)
* Twilight (I think I am the only person on earth who hasn't watched this one yet and I want to see what all the bloody hype is about...it better not have been a waste of a 4 for $10 movie selection)
* Some other movie with Stiffler from American Pie on it (see Benjamin Button excuse for not putting the name of said movie here)

So if you will excuse me, I have a date with my couch, dvd player and diet jelly to attend to.

Vic x

5 comments:

  1. let me know what u think of all the movies!

    I love twilight!!! i love he's just not that into you even more I think!! it was one of the best movies i have ever seen.

    Want to watch the brad pitt one, will watch it soon.

    rest up and get well soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon Vicki, just for the record, I haven't seen any of the movies you mentioned...let us know what you think of twilight, everyone I hear raving about it is under 20...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK ladies. 2 down, 2 to go. I watched 'He's Just Not that Into You' first, loved it!! Wasn't trashy at all (I don't think) just like a lighthearted chick flick :)

    2nd one I just finished was the Stiffler one. It's called Role Models and was a waste of one of my 4 for $10 movie selections. Oh well, you live and learn don't you!!

    Re: Twilight, sadly I haven't spoken to ANYONE under 20 about it - it's all my grown up friends who are obsessed!! lol

    Thanks for the well wishes Sandra. I am finding it hard to sit still and not feel like I have suddenly gained 12kg overnight from missing 2 days training.

    I will keep you updated on the other 2 movies :)

    Vic xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vic, love the couch when feeling crap. I think I am still the only person in the universe that hasn't seen Twilight! Sorry but hated Benjamin, something about kate Blanchets voice - hopefully you've seen by the time you read this and make up your own mind. Haven't seen the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Esme, yeah my couch has never had so much ass time!! haha
    No - until I watch Twilight tomorrow or Saturday there are still 2 of us ;)
    I haven't watched Benjamin Button yet but believe me I don't have a lot of patience for accents that piss me off so there's a chance the 'stop' button will be used if I have the same grievance lol. Will let you know!

    ReplyDelete