Yep that's right....back in the game.
The last few days have seen a significant improvement in my health so on Friday I decided that I would do an upper body workout and a lower body one on Saturday, plus a bit of cardio, just to get the ol' bod warmed up to hit it again properly from Monday. I figured if I did lighter weights, higher reps it would be a good prep after having nearly 2 full weeks out of the gym.
So off I toddled on Friday night. My 'light' warmup workout turned into a full on upper body smashing session, followed by 40mins on the stepper. The DOMS pretty much set in during the workout!! Yesterday I took myself to work early and trained legs before opening (I did keep this minimal though, all I did was leg press, leg extensions, hammy curls and calf raises, with really light weights and really high reps) and half an hour on the stepper. After work I stayed back with the intent of doing another 30-40 min cardio but ended up doing 20min incline power walk, 20min treaddy intervals (30sec hard run / 1 min jog), then 10min 30:30 intervals on the x-trainer. OMG I was drenched by the time I left, but God I felt awesome. My legs are a *little* sore today!! Today will be cardio only (steady state today I think, don't think my legs can take intervals again today) then back to my normal training split from tomorrow.
I have to say though, the time off training has done me the world of good. My body has thanked me by actually leaning out a bit while I have been perched on the couch watching movies. Although I had pretty much assumed I would just turn to jelly by not training for so long and therefore was convinced I would be pulling out of INBA NSW (6 weeks today) I am actually thinking I may still be in. I am catching up with a girlfriend today who has competed a couple of times before and is very honest with me and she said she will give me her honest opinion on how I am looking, which is what I need right now. But I can say that in the last 4 days I have had 7 people who see me pretty regularly tell me that I am looking thinner so that's a good sign :)
OK it's that time again - movie review. Can you believe I am STILL watching movies!! haha I am still pretty tired from being sick so haven't really felt like doing anything that requires too much energy (need it to train lol). Friday night movie was 27 Dresses...LOVED IT!!! Reminds me of me...I have been bridesmaid 6 times in the last few years, and if you count all my stints in bridal parties as jnr bridesmaid and flower girl I have clocked up 12 (YES, TWELVE) weddings!! I have vowed that from now on, I will be charging for my services - 'Professional Bridesmaid' - God knows, I know how to organise a hen's night/weekend, have strippers numbers in my phone (no joke - I have become friends with these guys) and know how to throw a shower tea party (and all the associated games lol). Might have some business cards made lol...
Anyway off the track there...another movie review. I went to see My Sister's Keeper with mum this weekend. OMG it was so sad (but beautiful) - I definitely recommend. I also recommend you read the book, I read it a few years back and it has since been one of my all-time faves...Jodi Picoult writes so well. But big thumbs up for this movie.
OK time for me to jet. Picking the newlyweds up from the airport today after their honeymoon in Fiji (ooohhh how jealous am I!! I want a holiday!!) and then off to World Gym for posing class, can't wait to see how the girls are looking :)
SO til next time, train hard and be good...
Vic x
yee-hah! good on you and for not letting the illness get the best of you!
ReplyDelete