Still sick today. Woke up to my buzzing alarm clock, which was set at 5.30am for the 6.15am spin class I normally instruct on a Wednesday morning...but knew instantly I would not be taking said class. Razor blades in the throat and coughing up lurgies confirmed that one. Back to sleep til 8.30am for me and then transferred my butt to the couch.
Mum called me after brekkie to see how I was feeling and suggested I go there for the day as she has Wednesdays off work. I eventually hauled my sorry butt over there in my pyjamas (why is it that the one day I leave my house in my flannies, every neighbour possible, at both ends of the journey, are out in their front yards. Had a few odd looks thrown my way as I walked from my house to the car and from my car to mum's house in my hot pink flannies with polka dots (do you all have a nice image), hair a mess and looking very disoriented.
Hung out on mum's couch all day watching lots of the Ellen show (on Fox, then on normal tele) and sleeping.
I obviously didn't train today and I hate that, I know when you are sick your body needs the rest (and there is NO way I can train like this, I have zero strength) but I can't afford not to if I am gonna compete in 6.5 weeks... and to be honest I don't know if I am gonna compete. I am seriously tossing up the options at the moment. The INBA NSW is on in 6.5 weeks and I am thinking that I might just see how I am looking and decide closer to the time if I am going to do it. After giving it a lot of consideration, even if I do the show and qualify for the Olympia, I won't be doing it. Realistically I can't do it financially - as the NSW is only one week before the Nationals (and for NSW competitors a pre-requisite of doing Olympia is competing at the Nationals), I would have one week to organise and fund the trip to Melbourne, entry fee, tanning products etc, and then another 2 weeks to fund the trip to the Gold Coast, pay accommodation, more tanning gear, and the massive $100 USD entry fee they are charging on top of all that. Realistically I am not in a position at the moment to do all that. SO my options are see how I look closer to the NSW comp date, and/or just do the IFBB NSW/Aussies 5 weeks later - which gives me 11.5 weeks prep time from now. Which right now is more realistic. OR not compete this season - which appears to be what my body is telling me to do. It is fighting me every step of the way at the moment. Effectively I have been comp dieting for like 10 weeks already and haven't seen that much progress, and I have been sick a few times. SO big decisions to make at the moment.
Now would also probably be a good time to mention that the diet has been very 'how ya going' today...have eaten a bit off plan in terms of food weight/meal times, plus I also managed to down 2 rows of chocolate today :( BUT it's happened, it shouldn't have happened but it did (and could have gotten much worse, I was pretty tempted to hoe into the cafe style fruit loaf in my freezer tonight and/or the jar of nutella in the pantry) and the best thing I can do is acknowledge that I ate stuff I shouldn't have and move on. So that's what I am doing.
I am hoping I wake up feeling better tomorrow, really want to get back into training BUT I will restrain myself if I am not well enough. It is meant to be legs day so need the proper energy to do that one. Wait and see how I feel in the morning.
Anyway better get this body off to bed for some MORE rest.
Vic x
I know just how you feel... wait and see, you have time to decide, the right choice will be obvious when the time comes.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank God for Mums!