Friday, May 15, 2009

Starting again

I haven't been posting cos have been feeling pretty shit about things in general lately. Comp prep (esp training) is going really well, my workouts are still smashing me...nutrition has been pretty good (have had a few cheats but they have been scheduled so am ok with that)...I took some update pics this morning and although I look a bit tighter than I did in the last pics 4 weeks ago, my weight has gone up 900g in that time?!? WTF??

Anyway whatever. Scales aren't the be-all and end-all, I am not a huge fan of them...I prefer to go on bf, measurements and pics as they don't lie.

I took one of the membership consultant girls from where I work with me yesterday to my outdoor track/plyo/stairs session (at her request mind you - she is 20 and starting to change shape a bit so getting panicky...wrote her a program a few weeks ago and she has been sticking to it well). She did some of what I do - got her to do some warm up jogs while I did my sprints, then while I was doing plyo's hit her with the stairs. She did pretty good, for someone who hasn't been training very consistently up til now, she managed to do 5 sets of 5 laps up and down, in a variety of ways...she wanted to quit at 3 sets but pushed her the extra 2...and she felt great afterwards (so she told me anyway lol). She said she is coming again with me on my Tuesday morning session and wants to do a little more. It was actually good for me to have the company while she was there, it didn't feel so long!!

Unfortunately but have been pretty down about other stuff. Have found that since working in the fitness industry full time I am really struggling to make ends meet. I think it would be different if I had a partner or someone to split bills with and whatever, but when it's all on my head to pay the mortgage, strata, rates, bills etc on my own - well the $$ in this industry isn't that great. And kick in the guts came today...went to do my last 2 years tax (yep I know, how bad am I...figured I better get in before EFY so I don't miss out on the lovin from K.RUDD) only to find that while I was working full time before in the corporate world and earning good money, my 2 part time jobs that I had over that time weren't taxing me enough, nor were they contributing to my HECS...so I now have a bill of about $4k. There goes my Rudd money. Pretty fucked but the only thing I can do is go back to what I was doing before - I just can't seem to get on top of things at the moment....so have been madly applying for jobs all day today. Am even thinking that I am gonna have to cancel my comp coach and do it on my own, which isn't such a bad idea anyway. I have done this enough to know what to eat, what not to eat, whether I am looking ok or not....hell I wrote my own diet for my first 3 comps and placed in 2 of them, without any experience, so surely I can do it.

Anyway enough of the whiney bullshit. I did a pretty kick ass training session tonight (must have been the frustration at the tax man), trained back and biceps, and hit a PB with my lat pulldowns and single arm dumbell rows for weight:set/reps. Topped it off with an extended RPM session (Friday night one goes for an hour instead of 45mins) and was sweating like a piglet afterwards :)

Working all day tomorrow then am going into the city for a friends' farewell party...she got married to a Scottish boy last September and they are moving to the UK for the next few years...teaching a double Spin class Sunday morning, then have a bunch of girls coming over for a tupperware party Sunday.

Hope you are all well in blogland.

For all the girls competing this weekend - I know a lot of you are - GOOD LUCK!! Just remember, all the hard work has been done now, so get up on that stage and have some fun.

Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment