Yay!! The Sydney ANB titles are on tomorrow and I am so excited. Miss Fern is staying over tonight and we are heading out for a walk in the morning before getting ready and going. Been nice just to chill and eat yummy dinner together tonight, we had some turkey and veges, followed by a special treat Ferny made out of cottage cheese, peanut butter, splenda and cinnamon. We froze it and ate it for dessert....mmm.
Can't wait to see the show, it'll get me more pumped no doubt. This week has been fabb-o in terms of motivation levels and I think it'll just be the icing on the cake. I have some friends, new and old, doing the show and for once get to sit back and enjoy it from the audience.
It was my first real week of doing my own diet this week since I first started competing, and so far so good. I have been logging everything into CalorieKing - my God what a lifesaver!! I never realised how much easier it is than calculating it all myself. It has kept me on track and I dropped half a kilo this week, which doesn't sound like a lot but it's enough for me. I am still 18 weeks out and only want to lose another 6-7kg tops, and I know that in the last two weeks weight just falls off me - so 0.5kg a week is plenty for me. My vow to myself was that if I dropped any weight this week I would have a treat today - Nutella crepes (or Hungarian Pancakes) for brekkie. So I got them...and OMG sooo worth the wait!
I have been absolutely ripping it up in training this week. Been training very differently to how I normally would and I can see the difference it is making. Only problem is I am doing so much leg work, between 2 x weight sessions a week and 2 x track/sprint/plyo sessions a week that I am now getting very severe cramps behind the knees and in my achilles...so may have to take it a little easier on them, or invest in regular deep tissue leg massages. Just wondering if anyone else has had this?? And if so how did you stop it? I am even walking funny sometimes due to achilles pain.
Anyway better go. Oh - just before I do - quick update...another mishap in the gym today. After monday's weight bar dropping on my tummy episode, I managed to cop a medicine ball in the face today!! lol...and still have 18 weeks of dieting ahead!
I hope that anyone competing tomorrow does awesome, am thinking of you all!! And those prepping for next week, keep your eye on the prize!! Nearly there :)
Til next time, train hard n be good.
Vic x
Vicki, how did u manage a medi ball in the face?? ouch girl!!!
ReplyDeleteHope u and Fern have a great day at the comp today. Good work on the drop this week too.
Tara xx
Great stuff Vicki! Yeah...Cal King's my home page!!!
ReplyDeleteI know, ouch is probably a nice way to phrase what I was saying afterwards!! haha
ReplyDeleteOne of the girls I work with came in to train and at the end of her session she asked me for some ideas of ab stuff...I was bored so decided to help her train abs and was doing the sit ups/throw med ball to eachother thing...she didn't get the concept at first and threw it at me unexpectedly...the rest is history!
And yeah Frankie, how good is it!! I am loving it...so easy!