
OK So I just discovered the blog of my dreams. Why has no-one told me about Abby's blog before??? For anyone else who is yet to be enlightened, Abby is an ice cream junkie (sounding very familiar to me...) who is on a mission to make healthy, high protein/low fat/low sugar delicious ice cream...and is currently on a 30 day challenge to make a different flavour every day. She has posted the recipe and a pic of her creations to date, and I gotta say, I am drooling just looking at them (not sure how...I had a cheat today and ate so much ice cream that I thought it was gonna come back up during my 2 hour training marathon SIX HOURS AFTER eating it!!)
In other news...well there isn't much other news.
Fern popped over today on her way thru, driving home from our nation's capital. Was great to catch up over a cuppa, and gotta tell you gals, she is looking great!! Massive change in the last 2 weeks since I saw her, I can't believe it!
Training has been pretty good still. I think I may have mentioned before that I have been sleeping really really well, and it's doing my body the world of good. I have never had this much rest time during comp prep and I am loving it....and my body is responding better than ever. I have packed on some serious size and am feeling harder now at 20 weeks out than I normally am at 4 weeks out - and I am putting it down to the rest I am getting - I used to average about 5 hours sleep a night and I am getting 8 hours most nights now. I still have a lot of leaning out to do but have plenty of time up my sleeve so have no doubt I will get there in time.
This week has flown, can't believe it's the weekend again already!! I am working tomorrow, which I don't mind. Saturday is a pretty cruisy day so all good :) Sunday I am having Mother's day lunch with my parents, grandmother, and one of my mum's brother's and his family. We are going to a club that originates from my mum's hometown in Italy - she is from the Veneto (Venice) region, and I love the food from there. Can't wait!!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Til next time...train hard & be good,
Vic x
Hey Vic :)
ReplyDeleteIt nice to meet you...ah sort of meet you,lol. Are you competeing this year? oooh there are so many of us now it GREAT!!
Take care and thanks for checkin in.
Tiarna
OMG!!! I amnow following Abby too!!! I want to try all those recipes one day at a time after the comp of course!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Tiarna, lovely to meet you (ok in blogland anyway!!) too. I will be doing a few (4 or 5) shows in the September / October season - can't wait!! I love blogland for the fact that I feel like I am on the same wavelength as so many of you...and the fact that we are all here supporting eachother. Good luck with your prep, you are doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteWitchazel....I know...I can't wait to try them myself :) One a week I think, while I am still having cheat meals! Good luck for the weekend by the way - home stretch baby!!
Hey Vicki!!! I recognised your blog pic straight away from meeting you at Filex!
ReplyDeleteI've added myself to your stalker list, looking forward to following you all the way to your comps :)
Woo hoo!! Hey Selina, welcome!! Hope you are well, and it was awesome to meet you at Filex :)
ReplyDeleteVic