Hhmmmph what a week!
First thing's first.
Off I went to the INBA Sydney Titles on the weekend. As per last week's blog, I was scheduled to act as Backstage Bitch (and apparently that's the official title lol) but sadly my role didn't involve slapping dream tan onto the rock hard buns of the male competitors. My proper job was to make sure the competitors were ready to get on stage when required, so letting them know how long before they had to file downstairs (pump up area at Castle Hill RSL is upstairs in the backstage area) and then calling them down when they needed to go down and get ready to get up there and do their thing. A job that sounds easier that it is, I might add. Well I lie there - it's not that difficult, except when you come to some of the younger female competitors, who like to think the show should be run according to how long they want to take to get ready.
Anyway nonetheless it was a good show. INBA is definitely picking up in popularity here in NSW - the show had more competitors than last year, that's for sure.
I got an sms on the way there from a good friend of mine, Cathy 'Buddha' M'Gee, who I met when I first decided to compete. Cath hadn't been planning on competing this season, in her mind the next show she was going to do was going to be the All Females. She hasn't competed since the IFBB Australasians last year. Anyway a few weeks ago she thought maybe she might diet and see how she came up - but speaking with her late last week she had decided that she wouldn't be ready for this season and would just come along to watch. SMS on Sunday morning said otherwise - she decided to compete after all!! Two weeks of dieting....and she took out the Figure Open!! Haha what a bloody champ!!
Anyway the day was fun but very very busy - we didn't stop for pretty much 12 hours!! Sadly I didn't get to watch much of the show - but I did get to do one of the trophy presentations!! I was stoked when Rab (NSW Promoter) asked me if I would present one of the divisions!
On the training front, training is going really well. I am still loving the overhaul to my program...and most importantly the workouts are still smashing me. I am having a love/hate relationship with the track/plyometric/stairs workouts...the outdoor one is killer - I think any workout involving a combination of sprints, plyometric jumps, 4 variations of lunges and running up and down stairs 3 different ways for a total of 90 (yes - NINETY) return laps is enough to make the toughest person cringe!! hehe But what an awesome feeling to actually finish it!!
Food has been good, I didn't do the Nutella crepes on the weekend as on Friday I was having lunch with my cousin and thought it would be nice to share my cheat meal with her...so the cheat involved a kebab (not too bad - chicken kebab with no cheese) and a monaco bar for dessert. It's the first time I've had one since I was a kid and seriously - HOW GOOD ARE THOSE THINGS!!
Everything else is going well. Mum joined the gym last week (can't remember if I mentioned that) which I think is AWESOME, I am soooo excited to have her training and getting her health on track. I wrote her a program and showed her how to do it all and she has been in a few times without prompting, which made my day to hear :) She is meeting me there tomorrow morning after my legs workout to do cardio with me - I can't wait!! Will be nice to spend some time with her doing something so good for us.
Anyway better jet, it's bin night and haven't even taken it out yet let alone done the washing up or anything!
Ciao for now...til next time - train hard and be good.
Vic x
PS - leaving you with a few pics from Sunday...unfortunately I don't have many as was seriously too busy to take them!! First pic is some of the sportsmodels, second pic is the Overall Figure lineup (winner is the one on the far left of photo, Novice Figure winner Clodah), and the third is a new friend I made, teenage winner Hendri, who I befriended on Facebook last week and met at the show, champion in the making!
great pics Vicki! sounds like you had a great day. I cant wait for the bris titles so I can get some inspiration.
ReplyDeletewow @ ur training too!! those legs of urs are gonna be smoking in september!! xxx