Comp prep 2010 has officially begun and I am Big Kev excited. I am so pumped for a big year.
Day one went well on both the food and training fronts. Day two food has been spot on (and given I'll be going to bed straight after this post there isn't much more time for naughties. Training has been semi-good today. I did my weights and post weights cardio. My early morning cardio had been put on the backburner as I had to open the gym this morning as our morning receptionist is on leave at the moment. My plan was to do another cardio session tonight however after work today I had a bit of a nap (been bloody exhausted lately, but given I have averaged about 5 hours sleep every night for 2 weeks not really surprising) and woke up feeling not quite right in the tummy. The next few hours weren't my prettiest for the year to date and didn't want to risk trying cardio and getting caught in an emergency situation (I know I know, TMI). Anyway enough of that shit (pardon the pun).
So I know I have been a slack blogger lately. I have seriously had so much on in the last few weeks that it was actually nice to start dieting and all else that goes with comp prep yesterday! Between Christmas, my grandmother's 90th, having Melbourne and London visitors, hosting a NYE party and then having my brother's best mate's wedding on Sunday (they are the Londoners - he and his now wife are living over there at the moment), it has been go, go, go and one social event after another. Needless to say the diet continued to be "relaxed" over the 10 days following Christmas. Happy with that though as I didn't really overdo it and I am not going into this season feeling like I missed out on anything.
NYE was fun. We had a "good vs bad" theme at the party, I as the host went as half angel, half devil. Here are a few pics from the party:
Me and Jesus (aka my brother Joseph)Dracula (Gab); a pirate (Mick); a terrorist (Brian - note: he can get away with that kind of costume as he returned last year from serving a lot of time over in Afghanistan...and the outfit is authentic!)
Queen of hearts (Felicity); Lara Croft (my sis-in-law Rachel); a naughty nun (Kris)
There are more piccies on my facebook - it's taking too long to upload them here!!
Anyway the party was good fun. There were probably about 30 of us...I don't really think anyone was quite 'sober' but in saying that there were no messy drunks, thank goodness. We actually MISSED the countdown believe it or not - and although I could be disappointed in that I am actually happy that we were all having such a good time we didn't even realise it happened!! At about 12.05am when we were all waiting for it to happen on the radio (again, I will add that everyone had a few bevvies so noone really noticed it had passed lol) Rachel noticed what time it was, so thought quickly enough to start screaming out the whole "ten...nine...eight...etc" and everyone just assumed it was happening and chimed in!! lol too funny
Ended up with about 400kg (no I am not exaggerating!!) leftovers, between steaks, sausages, pasta, potato bake, rice croquets, bread rolls, chocolate cake, tiramisu etc etc...unfortunately I couldn't ship it all home with others (try as I might) so my dogs thought they were in heaven the next couple of days! Tonight is bin night and I was so happy to be able to finally clean out my fridge!
Anyway I have just realised the epic size of this post (and the time, I have to wake up in little over 6 hours!!) so I will leave it at that.
So til next time, train hard and be good.
Vic x
Sounds like you ended 2009 with a bang! Looking forward to following your journey to the stage again! Monday was the start for me to start shedding a few kg so come time for comp prep to start i wont be busting my ass off! Bring on 2010! Hope you your feeling better : )
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great NYE my dear! Bring on APRIL!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll try and call u later in the week so we can have a chinwag.
Mwah xxx
Hi vicki, just wanted to say thanks for 'following' my blog! I look forward to following your comp season for 2010 =)
ReplyDelete