Monday, January 25, 2010

Week in Review


Thank fuck for the weekend. I think it's the only thing that kept me sane this week. Sorry to start my post so abruptly but I seriously had a bitch of a week.

Work was so draining last week, it seriously was. Busy as all hell and every single day we had betwen 1-3 staff either on leave, off sick (that gastro is STILL going around at work) or just not show up (very considerate, especially when they have back to back appointments scheduled in). I am feeling very over it at the moment (think it's time for a holiday personally) and the whole situation is seriously sapping ALL the energy out of me. No matter how much sleep I got, it wasn't enough (and it wasn't enough to start with so that didn't help!!)

Training went well for the week. Despite lacking a lot of motivation and energy I pushed through my workouts and even included some exercises I have avoided for the last few years due to my spinal arthritis. I did deadlifts in my back workout on Monday (yeah Tara...I do them for hammies too but I do stiff legged ones on leg day, did Romanian ones for lower back)...and I haven't done these in years. Didn't break any records with weight but I was so happy to have pumped out 3 x 12.

Same with quads yesterday - managed 5 sets of free squats, 3 sets of 15 reps and two of 12. I haven't free squatted in a few years, opting for the Smith machine because of the weakness in the spine, but decided to give it a crack yesterday. Again, only did 60kg so by no means a world record, but for someone who hasn't squatted in about 5 years I was pretty happy with my efforts.

This morning have started off with a half hour HIIT session (15min on stepper, 15 min on treddy) followed by about 10min plyometrics. Couldn't do more than that due to having to get home for the insulation guys, who were due to get to my house at 6.30am (who, being tradies, showed up at 7.30am instead)...God they are noisy fuckers. I had no idea it was going to be this noisy!! Roof tiles being moved, shit being dropped, sounds like someone is gonna come thru the roof any second!

So update on the weekend. Friday night I didn't do much - I did a boxing class at 6pm and no joke, I was soooo wrecked after it all I could manage to do was spend quality time on the couch! Saturday morning did some cardio and had to go into work at lunchtime to have my PT profile photo taken (?? they have decided to put pics up on the wall of the trainers). Saturday night was a friend's birthday...was looking forward to it so much as it was a friend I haven't caught up with in FOREVER. Had a nap on the couch before getting ready...and a big wind storm arose while I was sleeping. I must have been zonked out of my mind...because I didnt' even hear half a gum tree come down pretty much in my front yard. I am talking a section about 20m high, just broke off the tree on the council strip...and I didn't hear a sound, despite being asleep on my couch, which is in the front room of my house!! I am counting my goddamned lucky stars that it fell in the direction that it did, cos if it came my way...let's just say that nap would have been my last.

Anyway so after a few calls to the council and SES I left and headed to my friends' place for some pre-dinner drinks. A glass or two of wine later and I was on my way to a gooooood night!! We went to the place we were going for dinner and drinks, a country-kind of pub called the Camden Hotel. There is a restaurant in there that we were meeting everyone for dinner, and arrived to find out that they have $5 cocktails from 6-9pm every Saturday night. Gotta LUUURVE $5 cocktails!! hehe So we ordered several rounds (we got there at 7pm...you can fit quite a few $5 cocktails into 2 hours if you try real hard lol) and had some dinner...I ordered the lamb woodfired pizza - it was to die for!! They had a DJ in the bar that night so we danced the night away. Got chatting to this Kiwi dude (nothing romantic, he was just good fun and I liked his sense of humour). We were on a girls night (supposedly...however 2 of the girls decided to bring their partners to the girls' night...WTF???) and seriously, some girls can be fucking prudish. Here I am chatting with this dude and they kept trying to get rid of him like he was hassling me or something, they were actually being quite rude and one of the guys who had invited himself on our girls night was also being a prick to this guy. Seriously. I am 31, I am single. I will talk to whoever the fuck I like. And if they irritate me, I am a big girl and will tell them to piss off. So I really didnt appreciate being treated like a 13 year old who didn't know what I was doing!!

Anyway aside from that little irritation, I had an awesome night. I haven't had a big night like that in ages! Lucky I was staying at the birthday girl's place haha...

Yesterday was a big recovery day. I surprisingly didn't have a big hangover (I say surprisingly as I didn't have 2 cocktails containing the same thing, had wine before leaving for the pub, and after 9pm moved onto vodkas, followed by champaigne...definite recipe for a hangover I would have thought?? apparently not!) but I was tired as hell. It took EVERYTHING I had (and I mean EVERYTHING) to get to the gym yesterday, but I managed. I then spent the rest of the day on the couch, between napping, eating, watching tennis and recovering :)

SO...that's my week wrap up. I really must blog more often to prevent these massive posts!! Promise to lift my game!
Here's hoping for a better week at work...

Vic x

1 comment:

  1. bringing partners on a girls night? PMSL geez. Some insecure dude's there...unless the girls dragged them along, in which case WTF?

    ReplyDelete