
Comp prep kicked off last week without a glitch. Well kind of. Monday was perfect. Perfect training, perfect eats. Tuesday I had to alter my normal training regime due to altered working hours. Opening the gym meant that I couldn't do my usual first session first thing, as I had to be at work at 5.45am and worked the close shift on the Monday night before heading to say farewell to my brother and SIL, who were leaving Tuesday morning to go back to Melbourne. I didn't get home til about 11pm and was too buggered to prepare my meals before bed, so had to get up early to do that. Anyway enough of the jibber. I finished work at 1.45pm (i could get used to the open shift, I tell ya!) and stayed back to train shoulders. Good sess. Followed the session with 20min cardio, then home to nap.
Was *supposed* to go for a walk in the evening...but tummy started to feel off when I woke up. Ended up with a bout of gastro - so the walk didn't happen as I didn't want to get caught in an emergency sitch if ya know what I mean.
Anyway the cramping lasted the next few days but that was it - no "emergencies" to speak of, so trained well all week.
Friday when I finished work at 2pm I headed off down the south coast to a place called Callala Beach. My family have been going there forever, and I remember most summers being spent down there. Well my parents and their best friends are down there for a couple of weeks, and being my first complete weekend off in God knows how long, I decided to head down for a long weekend (didn't have to work Monday). Arrived there in the late arvo and headed straight to the beach for a long soft sand walk. Aaah bliss. Here - see for yourself:
So. The next few days went as follows:Wake up. Go for 45min soft sand walk. Eat breakfast. Read. Eat meal 2. Go to beach. Lay in sun/swim/read/listen to iPod. Go home for lunch. Go back to the beach. Lay in sun/swim/read/iPod. Go for 30min walk. Go home. Snack. Shower. Read/watch tele/nap. Have dinner. Plodder around. Pre-bed snack. Read. Bed.
Oh. Might mention here that in between all that - and sorry for the info - the gastro returned. So that also dictated when I had to run home from the beach!! I might also throw in here that I missed an afternoon walk on Saturday due to said emergencies...which SUCKED because apparently there were PENGUINS (!?!? WTF?!?! Been going to this place FOREVER and NEVER seen penguins there??) at the end of the beach that I would normally walk to!
Anyway on Monday I woke up and went for my early morning soft sand walk but it was significantly cooler than it had been the previous few days. And overcast. After brekkie I checked the forecast for the day on my mobile (God bless technology!!) and it said that it would clear up to a sunny day, and be 35degrees. So SOLD! I was staying the day (if it was gonna be a shitty day I had resolved that I would just drive home in the morning). Anyway at about 11am it was still quite cool and overcast, so I figured the forecast was wrong (imagine that!?!) but I was still there so may as well spend the day on the beach. So off I trotted. Just like that. No sunscreen application (can anyone say DICKHEAD??), just 'kini, singlet and boardies, Havaianas, sunnies, iPod and book. And fell asleep. And only woke up cos my phone was ringing (no I normally don't take a phone to the beach but was expecting a call). When I looked at the time...I realised I had been asleep for an hour and a half. NINETY FUCKING MINUTES!!! And in the meantime, the clouds had cleared to make way for an insanely HOT day. And I had fallen asleep. With no sunscreen. And wearing sunnies. YEP. I got burnt. And I got a LOVELY tanline of SUNGLASSES on my face!!! OMG hilarious!! Anyway must say that I got a few interesting looks that afternoon when the redness set in and I arrived back in Sydney. I went to the gym I work at to train (AWESOME SESSION!!) and had a few laughs.
Tuesday morning and the tummy issue still hadn't left the building (although on a happy note the burn had started to turn into a nice shade of brown) so I thought it best to get to the dr. Well turns out I have gastroenteritis (gee who woulda known...it's only been here a week lol) and a fever (I seriously didn't know that...felt a bit fluey over the weekend but that feeling came and went pretty quickly, with the help of some cold'n'flu aides) and am "highly contagious"...so Dr gave me til Friday off work. Wish I had seen a dr BEFORE i came back from the coast, I quite easily could have stayed there ;) lol
Anyway it is a bit sucky cos other than some cramping which happens sporadically, and the "emergencies" I feel fine, so being stuck at home in quarantine is boring the shit out of me (haha just realised the pun!!)
So training has been a bit "how you going" the last few days cos I can't go to the gym. Did some bodyweight leg stuff at home today, hopefully I will wake up tomorrow and this will be all gone and I can get on with it!!
Anyway sorry for the epic (and gross?) post but that's pretty much what's been going on with me!
So til next time...you know the drill ;)
Vic x
Hi Vicky- thankyou for leaving a comment on my page- thought I'd come and have a look at your blog! Poor you with the gastro- lots of it down here too although not with me- yet!!! I'll be following with interest your prep for the comp. I've almost thought about maybe doing something like that but I think I'm too much of a princess to work that hard!! lol
ReplyDeletehope you're feeling better
C'mon you have to show us a photo of your face. Don't hold out on us Vic. Pwetty pwease, I promise I won't laugh..........much. ;o) xxx
ReplyDeleteHahaha you know I actually took a piccie of it on my phone and planned on posting it - for some reason though my phone (it's brand new I might add - bloody technology) has deleted everything (music, photos etc) I have put on it in the last 2 weeks??
ReplyDelete