Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blogger Award

I have been tagged by the lovely Sandra for a Beautiful Blogger award, so here goes.

SEVEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME

  • My nickname growing up was 'Squeaky'. This was given to me by my Godfather when I was a toddler and my brother has carried on using this name for me ever since. Funny enough, all his mates call me various versions of 'Squeaky' (eg Squeak, Squeakster etc) but none of my mates use the name at all. I actually think some of his mates don't even know my name is Vicki!?!
  • I have an extra pair of ribs. They are tiny, and are in the upper spine, at the base of the neck
  • I took up training a few years after fracturing several vertebrae in a car accident, to help strengthen the muscles supporting my spine and try to delay the inevitable onset of arthritis. I got hooked and soon became interested in the bodybuilding world.
  • In 2005 I went to work down in Canberra for 9 months, and would commute home to Sydney most weekends. During my 9 months there I managed to lose my licence via an accumulation of demerit points (speeding fines driving to and from Canberra...these were my first and only ever driving fines and all happened within a few months of eachother); my Sydney house caught fire while I was in the shower (bathroom fan caught fire, setting fire to the beams in my ceiling and in turn my bathroom); and my Canberra house got robbed while I was home in Sydney for a weekend (EVERYTHING in the house was pretty much gone...the furniture, the whitegoods, the food in my pantry...EVERYTHING). Needless to say, 2005 was a year I was happy to see the back of!
  • I love travelling and have been on a few big trips. My favourite places in the world (in order of preference) are Rome, Venice and New York, and I would drop everything and move to any of those locations in a heartbeat.
  • I once won an eating contest at my favourite steak and ribs joint. I polished off a 500g steak with a side of potatoes; a rack of ribs with a side of potatoes; bread; salad; and 2 scoops of Royal Copenhagen icecream. I won in the dessert round. I could have kept going too...there's always room for icecream I say!
  • I have broken my nose 5 times and HATE the shape it has been left in!

OK so now I have to tag 7 other bloggers and get you to do one of these too! SO - here goes:

  • Kristen
  • Fern
  • Tara
  • Steph D
  • Ali
  • Em
  • Frankie

So that's me done :)

BTW - I have been meaning to write a proper post but haven't felt very inspired lately (think all the excess food has made me sluggish!). I promise I will post a proper blog in the next day or so :)

Vic x

2 comments:

  1. hehehe i think you like to be different and unusual Vix :D I mean that in a good way and with love too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to ask - how on earth have you broken your nose five times????? Older brothers??? ;)

    ReplyDelete