This might be pretty short...having difficulties typing as have a bloody plastered up right arm. Will come back to that.
So since last post, (most) things have gone well. Been training well and have had a busy week. Aussie day was spent at my cousin's place for her daughter's 4th b'day party. I was supposed to go to a friend's bbq but had some car issues and couldn't get there so just did the b'day party - which was actually good fun (why do adults seem to have more fun at kid's birthdays than the kids?? lol) It was a bbq too and the only downside was the heat. It was sooo hot and humid, gotta love Aussie summers ;)
That took up most of my day. By the time I got home i was exhausted!!
Wednesday was just another normal 'hammies' day. Thursday didn't start off so well. I went to the gym in the morning to train chest (least fave training session) and while setting up for the 2nd exercise, incline db presses, I did myself a mischief. While adjusting the incline my hand supporting the bench slipped and the bench came crashing down, jamming my wrist in between itself and the bench's base. Can anyone say OUCH!!! Hurt *a little* (insert expletives being called out across gym - lucky it was quiet!) but could move my fingers so didn't think much of it. 3 hours later, I start work. Hand/wrist THROBBING and swelling up into a nice lump on the top of where the hand and wrist meet. Put some ice on it and tried not to use it much.
After work I headed to the pub to catch up with some friends who are over only for one week from London (they are here for a mutual friends' wedding that is on today). Wow - it even hurt to rest my hand on the steering wheel! Anyway was great to catch up with them. Off home to bed.
I wake up Friday and knew training was not an option. Wrist still throbbing and swollen, and some nice shades of purple starting to appear. Worked all day and then off to the Dr. Let the fun begin. Turns out they are concerned I have fractured one of the carpal bones - the small bones at the base of the wrist. Apparently it is also hard to detect fractures to these bones in a normal x-ray (not sure why) so they usually order a bone scan - which unfortunately won't pick up anything til about 4 days after the injury was sustained. Anyway the one they have concerns about can be bad if they miss a fracture there due to lack of blood supply to that part of the hand and can cause all sorts of problems later in life, so until they confirm one way or the other, they treat it as though it is fractured. Enter the cast I am currently sporting, which was applied late yesterday arvo. It basically goes from the end of my thumb (not allowed to move thumb) to my elbow. FML.
For anyone that has not had a plastered up wrist...not fucking fun. It is hard work to do anything. Examples. Typing. Doing up pants. Doing/undoing bras. Putting on/taking off tshirts. Going to the toilet. Holding stuff. Eating. The list goes on. Oh, and did you know it's illegal to drive with one arm? Yep, voids your insurance. Not that I could anyway. So dad and one of his mates had to come pick me and my car up from the doctors, and he insisted I stay at my parents' place this weekend since I cant really do anything.
Anyway went out last night for my old flattie's bday which was a mission. Took an hour to get ready!! haha princess!! Today I have a wedding on and am a little worried about how I am going to manage stuff like washing / straightening my hair etc. Hmm should be fun.
OK that's it from me. Off to the gym (not joking) for some cardio, which thank God I can still do!! I may just become the next cardio queen (NOT) if I end up stuck in this thing for 6 weeks lol...
Til next time Train hard, be good, and keep your fingers crossed for me that this isn't bloody broken!
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment