
I hope this post sees you all safe and having had a great Easter weekend.
I returned this afternoon from a trip to Melbourne, which was just what the Dr ordered. My parents decided to go down to spend Easter with my brother and sister-in-law, but when they made these plans I was intending on competing in May and decided to stay in Sydney for Easter, so that I wouldn't have to be around all the food/Easter eggs while dieting. Being from an Italian background (and sister-in-law being half Italian, half Lebanese) Easter is traditionally associated with LOADS of food. I have dieted through the last few Easters, and let's just say it has not been easy being around this (to give you an analogy, Easter is very much like Christmas to us - it goes basically for the entire period of Friday thru Sunday and is literally non-stop cooking/eating). SO when I made the decision to pull out of the May comps, I was also very happy to be able to travel down to Melbourne to celebrate Easter with my family. Not to mention that I haven't seen my brother since the beginning of January and I was missing him terribly.
Mum, Dad and I drove down, we left 1am Friday morning and arrived at about 10am. My Aunt and Uncle who are currently in Mt Gambier for my Uncle's work also drove across, and we all stayed at my brother's place. Friday was a nice day but very exhausting as I didn't manage to get ANY sleep during the drive down the night before, and we literally spent all day after arriving cooking and catching up with Joseph and Rachel.
Saturday I went out with Joseph and Rachel to some factory outlets but was disappointed with what was on offer (boys section was much better!!) and then the 3 of us had lunch together at a little cafe. We stopped on the way home at a bakery and bought the BEST ricotta cannoli I have ever tasted. That night we all went out to a Greek restaurant in Moonee Ponds (the name escapes me but I try to get a visit in there every trip to Melbourne, the food is DIVINE..and there was a VERY cute English waiter serving our table...maybe a little young for me but no harm in looking!!) and then went back home for dessert/coffee. Rachel's parents also came over, bearing traditional Lebanese sweets that Rachel's mum prepared. YUM!!
Sunday morning mum and I spent making home-made lasagna (all from scratch, pasta sheets included) while everyone else went to church together. Rachel's parents and sister came over and we all had a massive lunch followed by yummy pavlova for dessert (OK so me and Rach were supposed to make dessert - but decided we couldn't be bothered and the Cheesecake shop might just do a better job anyway!!) We were sooo stuffed after it!!! Went to church with Mum in the evening and we got back at 7.30pm - and I was still full from lunch!!! But it was so good I had a bit of leftovers for dinner...followed by EASTER EGGS!!! Mmmmm
I took the entire weekend off weight training on purpose as this was the last break before the Sept/Oct comps and figured my body could probably do with a proper rest. I did 30-60mins walking every day (outdoor and on their treadmill) and tonight after getting home went to the gym and did a 50min cardio session.
Back to full steam training and dieting tomorrow. This is it - countdown to comp now. I am going into full on comp prep mode now so that I can try and avoid the last minute hardcore depletion etc.
Anyway better get off now...am very hungry and in desperate need of a shower!
Til next time, train hard and be good!
Vic x
I know what you mean Vicki. My family is Sri Lankan and it starts Friday and keeps going and going. Relentless eating and socialising. Managed to have Saturday off though!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time!