Wow, where has the week gone! I can't believe my last post was last weekend, it has bloody flown.
Weight training has been good this week, I feel like I have ripped into every one of my sessions and given it 150%. I did an especially awesome back session yesterday, really got stuck into it and went heavier for more reps than I have done before.
Cardio wise - well I guess for completion I could say it's been about 120% as all sessions went as long as they should have, with 2 of them going over what I had mentally prepared for. Which is good for me, normally I do the minimum required amount cos I hate it so much!! lol.
Nutrition - well on the scale of 1 - 10 I have probably been sitting around a 7 this week. Nothing too bad, I had a muesli yoghurt this week, not something I would normally have except in off-season - but I did say when I pulled out of the May comp season that I would give myself an extra cheat during the week, a not-so-bad one. This week I made the yoghurt (it was a super-sized one too) my mid-week cheat, but because I'm not used to having this extra one, I got a case of the guilts over it! Go figure. I know that sometimes I am a mental case but can't help myself!! hehe
Aside from the yoghurt I also indulged in a few protein bars this week. Not my ideal source of nutrition (but some of them are SOOO yummy these days) but it was all I could do on some days in between medical examinations, so I figured it was better than having nothing, and certainly better than some of the alternate snack-type things I could have picked up.
My proper cheat is scheduled for tomorrow arvo, when having a catch up with Fern and another girlfriend. I will try not to go too nuts but am thinking a nice treat from Max Brenner wouldn't go astray :)
Health wise I am still plodding along. Still waiting to find answers. The ultrasound I had last week came back clear so once again we are at square one. I still look preggers but probably no more than last week, I don't think it's grown this week. The GP has no idea what it is so referred me to a gastroenterologist hoping he would find answers. I tried to book in but was told I would have to wait til June - when I told them it's a bit urgent as it's affecting my work etc, they slotted me in - on 20 MAY!!! Can you believe it!! Anyway to cut a long story short I have a friend in the medical profession (specialising in orthoptics though - but has loads of connections) who saw me online the other night and told me he heard thru a mutual friend about my problem. He happens to know a gastro doc quite well and got me in to see him yesterday - gotta love that. The gastro doc is a bit baffled as to what is causing this swelling so has ordered more tests, however is getting a specific doctor to do said tests in his presence, and has managed to get me in for them on this Tuesday. He seems determined to get to the bottom of this and really seems to want to find the problem for me, which is such a relief to hear.
Anyway aside from that I have had a very boring week. Literally just worked and trained all week, nothing in between. Yesterday was my one day off this week (working all weekend) and even then I had to go in to train ONE client, as I couldn't slot him anywhere else! Far out. Wish I had the weekend off but can't complain, I need the cash!!
Really looking forward to tomorrow arvo's hang out session, and to next weekend. I am heading down to Melbourne with my parents on Thursday night to spend easter with my brother and sister-in-law who live down there. I so can't wait to see them, I haven't seen them since the beginning of January and I miss them terribly. I also can't wait to be able to celebrate my first easter in 3 years - I have dieted thru the last few easters so will be nice to be able to have an easter egg or 6!! lol
OK better jet. Start at 9 and want to get a 40min cardio session in first :)
Til next time, train hard and be good!
Vic x
it sounds like your on a good thing with this new doc!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get the answers you need hun.
Have a smashing week.
Em:)