Monday, April 27, 2009

Let the games begin

I have woken this morning with a newfound mojo - which has come exactly on the right day as I promised dieting would start today. My training has been 120% but the diet has been less than desirable, and no matter what I did or told myself, I just couldn't get in the dieting headspace. BUT that seems to have changed today, I have woken with so much focus and I know myself well enough to know that I am ready to start today.

I got someone to cover my early morning spin class today as I knew I needed that extra bit of rest to recover from how exhausted I have been feeling. The 4am wake up to drive a 2 hour round trip for a 45min class didn't appeal to me. I had a bad headache for the most part of yesterday and figured that a bit of a sleep in wouldn't kill, given that I don't finish work til 9pm on a Monday night. I got up at 630am and went for a half hour walk before brekkie, have prepped all my food for today and am about to take myself off for today's training - delts/tris/chest followed by RPM. Then my day begins - 11.30am PT client and working right thru til 9pm.

I am so excited for this comp season, I can't wait to get up on that stage and tear it up!! Given I was originally prepping for the Sydney titles this upcoming weekend, I have a new bikini all made already, tan etc taken care of - all I really have to do aside from the obvious (diet and train) is put together a routine - and hey I now have 5 months (to the day I might add) to get it sorted.

Anyway kids I better fly. For those in the final week/s of prep - keep on keeping on - we are all behind you, and here for you if you have a 'moment' lol...we all know how bad those 'moments' can be (and when you are dead exhausted, take heart in the fact that on 3 separate occasions during comp week, I have actually FALLEN ASLEEP in the gym between sets....no I am not joking!!)

Til next post, train hard and be good,
Vic x

No comments:

Post a Comment