Thursday, April 16, 2009

I have to say - the best part of having a few days off training is the AWESOME level of DOMS you get when you start again. I can't believe it, 4 days off (one of which is not a training day for me anyway) and I am in sweet agony this week!! Because of the shorter week this week I didn't have a rest day mid-week. I trained shoulders/abs Tuesday, Legs/biceps/obliques yesterday, today will be chest/triceps, tomorrow back/biceps and Saturday legs/abs again. My shoulders are aching soo much, I think a massage is on the cards after tomorrow's back session! The leg DOMS were creeping in this morning when I got up and dragged myself to RPM (insane, I know) at 5.45am. But what a feeling!

I have a tummy update. It has come down considerably - almost back to normal. It just looks like a baby pudgy belly, kinda like the bloating you get at TTOM. So I spent countless hours (and dollars!) with doctors, specialists, and having tests done, and not one of them could work it out. I am pretty sure I have solved the mystery thought. In the last week and a half or so, I have not eaten any green beans. That is the only change I have made (I was eating up to 1kg a day of them previously). I didn't purposely remove them from my diet, I just haven't eaten them due to easter etc and having been a little more relaxed on the diet...and voila! No 8 month pregnant belly. I only realised yesterday that maybe that is what caused the problem, when I realised that has been the only real change to my diet. Now I could be wrong as I have heard beans can cause gas and therefore bloating, but does anyone know anything about them causing extreme swelling?? If anyone knows anything about whether this is possible would be greatly appreciated as I am just guesing this was the cause. And if so, I am very very surprised that not one of the dr's / specialists I saw picked up on it, as I told every one of them what I had been eating. I have posted some comparison shots below, the first from 3 weeks ago, the other taken this morning...





Hmm...what else? I have today off work (YAY!!) and not sure what to do with the day. To be honest I am thinking a day on the couch watching the Sopranos would be a good idea (gotta go back to the gym and do weights at some point though)....weekend should be good, I have a birthday/housewarming bbq Saturday lunchtime for one of my figure friends Kathleena...and FILEX Sunday!! WOOT!! I love FILEX!! :) Hoping to catch up with some of you there! If you are gonna be there let me know, would be great to meet some more of you in person.

Anyway better jet and get my relaxing day underway :)

Til next time beautiful people, train hard and be good,

Vic x


3 comments:

  1. Hey there Vicki I am so relieved for you! When I did my Sports Nutrition unit they did mention beans as causing bloating and not to eating the day of a sporting event but I assumed that was baked beans etc but it might have just meant beans in general.

    Bugger about all the doctors you had to see but so glad your Alien Spawn has gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see your swelling has come down. My goodness imagine if it was from the green beans! I guess you need to stay clear of them for a while.
    Keep us updated.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the swelling has almost gone! Sory I have no idea if the beans could do it.. just glad to see that your body is feeling happier..

    ReplyDelete