I can't believe it's Sunday already. I mean, where did the week go? I can't believe it's already the 3rd last day of March!!!!
So not much been going on in my world. After last post I did a pretty good back session but didn't make boxing in time, so had to do boring machine cardio. My little cousin happened to be at the gym (she turned up for the boxing class I wanted to do) and saw me when she was done...and what do you know??? Asked me, very hesitantly, if I was preggers. It's getting ridiculous now!
So she ended up back at my place too to join me and my other cousin for a coffee, it was great catching up with the both of them :) Had a nice night. The pair of them convinced me though, to go and get a second opinion on my pregnant look. What I failed to mention in last post was that after the last doctor ruled out my bathroom issues as being responsible for the swelling, given I am now empty but with a growing tum, he tried to convince me that I was merely getting fatter and storing fat in my belly for the first time in my life. After arguing with him (and almost walking out) that I know I'm not getting fatter as my skinfolds are coming down (last measure I was around the 10% mark) and my belly is rock hard - if it were fat it would be jelly-like - he felt it and agreed that maybe it wasn't me just putting on fat. I pretty much demanded the referral for pelvic ultrasound. SO anyway I got up yesterday and went off to see my cousin's doctor, who appeared to actually know a bit about medicine. She immediately took my concerns seriously and told me that the symptoms I am having, and the massive swelling, are indicators that there may be something going on with my ovaries. Anyway she sent me straight to pathology for a blood test, the results of which will be in on Tuesday. All ties in with me getting the ultrasound done that day too so will know a lot more after I see her again Tues afternoon. I am feeling a little hopeful that they can find what the issue is and sort it out now.
Trained legs yesterday and blasted them. I did another unorthadox session - consisting only of 10 x 20 reps on the leg press, stacked with 160kg (not sure how much this particular machine weighs but it's a pretty heavy one). That's the heaviest I have ever gone for the 10x20 set workout so I was pretty impressed with myself. Not sure about walking for the next few days but we'll cross that DOMS bridge when it happens lol. Oh I made the last set a drop set - I got my colleague Aftar who was working yesterday to take one plate off at a time til it was just down to machine weight (had 8 plates on), I pumped out between 10-20reps per weight. All in all an awesome session, leaving me nauseous for most of my half hour cardio session that followed!! Some of the regulars saw me when I was just getting onto the crosstrainer, and looked up saying "you just did legs didn't you"!! I think the "I'm about to throw up" look usually gives that one away lol.
ANYWAY aside from that I have had a very boring, low key weekend. I have seriously been too tired of late to do anything, I planned a DVD night last night but was too lethargic to even turn the player on. So I sat on the couch on the computer until I had the energy to shower and go to bed.
Today is a new day though, and I am off to spend the day with Miss Fern. I believe we are going for a kick-ass walk (although she may end up piggy-backing me, haven't warned her of that yet), I think we are making a pitstop into ASN Bondi Junction as Simon (owner) is down for the weekend - besides which I need more supps :) Then we are meeting another figure chick, Claude, for coffee...and then Fern and I are off to COLD ROCK to cement my "no competing this season" decision with a big ice cream cheat meal. Mmmmm Cold Rock....For those who read previous posts during the week you will know I have been looking forward to it all week :)
Anyway will be off now. Hope you are all having a fab weekend. Til next time, train hard and be good :)
Vic x
Here's hoping this week you'll finally get to the bottom of all of this, fingers crossed. :o) xxx
ReplyDelete