Sunday, March 22, 2009

Aaarrrggghhh

I have just gotten home from watching the Australasians. I love going to watch comps :)

The quality of competitors this year was really good for the most part - unfortunately there weren't that many!! 'Specially female - seriously, 2 novices, one masters and 6 opens for figure. Zero fitness, zero physique. They didn't even break the opens up into heights!!! But as I said the standard was there, and most competitors put on a great show, specially Nick Jones and Michael Galley in the Under 80kg mens who were being very playfully competitive on stage and made it quite entertaining.

The guest posers were awesome too!!

On a downer however, Mike was at the show and we had a serious talk about the likeliness of me competing in May. I am definitely out for the INBA on 3 May, there is no way I am going to make it in time, because I have not been digesting any food my dieting hasn't been overly effective. I am looking very muscular at the moment but won't lean up enough in time. The meds I have been put on for my tummy haven't kicked in at all, and it's now Day 4... Unless something miraculous happens in the next few days I am pretty much pulling out of the season entirely. Yes it will mean I can focus everything on being in killer condition for the Sept/Oct seasons but I am devastated that after 10 weeks of full on comp prep I am pretty much almost certainly pulling the pin. Mike is determined that my health needs to be my priority - and yes I know he's right - but anyone who has been through comp prep knows how hard it is or could imagine how hard it is to walk away from.

Anyway guess I will be praying for a miracle in the next few days!!

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vicki, I wouldnt stress too much about it. Like you said, you can focus on smashing September instead ;o)

    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete