Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday's rant

So here we are, at Tuesday - my hump day this week as am only working thru to Thursday (yay for a long weekend!!)

I am glad that last time I saw Mike we added an extra rest day (well an extra day off the weights in any case) on a Wednesday because it will be a fricken miracle if I can actually walk tomorrow. Since last post on Sunday (just after I smashed out a leg session) I have instructed a Spin class Monday morning, a THT class Monday night, and backed it up with another awesome legs session today followed by a split cardio session on the bike and stepper. Hmmm - not sure but thinking that the rower is the only piece of cardio equipment I may be able to use tomorrow - and that's only cos I do it stiff-legged!! Lol

So yesterday morning was a good morning, after Spin I had some brekkie, did some PT clients, trained shoulders & biceps, then onto my new PT client that I mentioned last post. Without going into the finer details she is a comedian and is bloody hilarious. I spent the entire session in stitches and can't wait to train her again next week - it amazes me that some people can manage to be funny when they are incidentally getting smashed!! lol

On my way home I got a call from that gym I went for the interview at last week - the one that has the awesome equipment...they wanted me in for a second interview. So I took myself there in the early afternoon, and not sure yet (they told me they would call me Wednesday at the latest) but I am pretty confident I will be offered a job there. Which means that I am gonna have to give up one of my other jobs if I decide to take it as it is basically Mon-Friday nights. More hours than the gym I am at during the nights as that is only Monday and Wednesday, and every second Saturday... anyway no point making any decisions til I know for sure...

Following that I went off to said Monday night shift, during which I had to instruct my very first freestyle class (THT) - other than Spin but that doesn't count, I find that very easy to instruct. Anyway it was all over the shop, I kept forgetting where I was up to and had to improvise. I am glad the classes before mine were running late and mine was the last one of the night so I cut a couple of tracks out...phew for that!! I apologised profusely to the class for stuffing up (which I might add was packed - I was told it wouldn't be that full as it's the last class for the night) and to my surprise after it quite a few of them told me that had I not apologised they wouldn't have known any better. Not sure if they were just trying to make me feel better lol

Did a little shift today at the other gym, Tuesdays is 'school day' - there are about 4 local high schools that come in on a Tuesday afternoon and so the gym floor is pretty much saturated by school uniforms. Can be both funny and painful - the boys like to show off to eachother (eg how heavy they can lift, which can result in someone being stuck under a bench press that they can't lift back off their chest and their mates can't either) and the girls like to sit on the machines and do absolutely nothing - or on the other hand some of them like to jump on the treadmills and crank them up as fast as they can until they go flying off the back of it. Unfortunately given there are usually about 120 of these kids and 2 or 3 of us on the floor - we don't always get to stop them before the treadmill behind them does!

Not much else to report on. I am very jealous of all those who are heading to watch the pro show this weekend!! Make sure you all take loads of pics :)

OK better jet, I have killed so much time on this bloody laptop today!!

Train hard & be good..
Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment