So I woke with a bit more clarity today.
I am pulling out of the May comps to concentrate on getting my health back to normal, which I have realised in the last few days is not going to be a quick-fix - guess I didn't want to think that way though.
I called Mike to tell him and he thinks it's the best thing for me. I am going to continue to train as normal, keep eating clean with the odd cheat here and there (ODD being the operative word!! I think I will try to keep it at one meal a week, that being said I have just had 2 rows of well-deserved dark chocolate with almonds to seal my decision, and as a bit of an 'end to the stress'), but add a few more carbs back in and back off the cardio a little. I will still see Mike regularly (prob once a month for now rather than weekly) as we still want to bring my skinfolds down slowly - I will be doing a fair few shows in the Sept/Oct season, hopefully including the INBA Natural Olympia, so the intention is to stay ahead of the game, given I have 10 weeks of solid comp prep up my sleeve 6 months out....that way there won't be any panicking at comp time. At last measurement (last week) I was at about 10.5% body fat but that being said, I am holding a lot of weight that I probably wouldn't be if my digestive system was actually working so that percentage may be a little inaccurate. Either way, if I can continue to drop that at a slow and steady pace I am going to be in top condition come 6 months.
I am sad about the decision but relieved at the same time, I was under a lot of pressure because my progress hasn't been as good as it normally is, and it was doing my head in a fair bit.
Anyway I just wanted to put an update on - I guess the decision feels more final when I have let people know.
Til next time, train hard and be good.
Vic x
Only you know what's right for you Vicki. Getting your health sorted out first will give you the best possible chance for a more enjoyable and successful comp prep later in the year. I hope you get to the bottom of this sooner rather than later. :o) xxx
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear Vicki but you health has to come first I guess. Must be a huge relief to finally make the decision. You're going to be smashing in Sep/Oct with already being ahead of the game now.
ReplyDeleteStay strong. Hope you get everything sorted out soon enough.