Wow, what a creative title I have come up with today lol.
Well people, we have had 2 and a bit days of action with the belly (the bit being this morning, given it's only 7.30am and it started at 6am...I call that action) however the baby look has not budged...I still look about 7 months preggers. I have Friday off work so will get myself back to the Doc's for a verdict then, hopefully the bulge has diminished somewhat by then...cos currently it is making every day a fat day!!
I have very mixed feelings about not competing in May. I had my heart set on it, new bikini ready, comp bag all prepared etc...but I know I need to be 100% on game and I'm not so it's better this way.
I trained (or should I say obliterated) legs yesterday and felt awesome afterwards...did squats, leg press, stiff legged deadies, extensions, curls, and calf raises, 4 sets of 20 for everything...DOMS set in badly last night at work, the end of the shift was killer to say the least, picking up all the weights off the floor was agonising!!
Today is rest day so cardio only, can't do anything too high intensity due to leg pain lol...not to mention fear of anything high intensity being too much for my tummy to handle at the moment!
I have come up with a new recipe that I am loving and is very comp diet friendly...about to go buy some more ingredients for it now so can make a few more days worth. Basically I fold 2 egg whites, chopped mushroom, spinach, tomato, and garlic paste into 500g either turkey or kangaroo mince, and whack it in the fry pan. No fats needed due to the egg whites. I have been experimenting with diff veges in the last couple of weeks and the different minces and it is delish...especially in a salad :)
I got ANOTHER job offer yesterday lol...followed about an hour later by a call from a gym I sent my resume to about a month ago, to discuss job opportunities there...can't believe it! About 6 weeks ago I was trying so hard to find local work...and now I am getting on average 1-2 offers a week!! Go figure? When it rains....lol
I have booked in for a massage tomorrow straight after work and can I just say...I CAN'T WAIT!! It has been WAY too long since I had one done and I am in desperate need. The knots in my shoulders/back/neck are going to need a lot of elbow work to say the least!
Not much else going on to report on, just been working working working. Looking forward to my cheat this weekend - the plan is to smash down some COLD ROCK...mmmm I LOVE COLD ROCK!!! hehe
Better jet-ski, the cardio is waiting...
Train hard n be good,
Vic x
I LOVE Cold Rock too! - with peanut brittle, maltesers and a crunchie smashed in. The new peanut butter icecream is to die for. Too much chocolate I know but who cares, gotta enjoy it right?
ReplyDeleteHave a great week. Hoping the belly deswells soon.
I do hope your stomach problem settles. Having more time to get your health back up is great as you still get to compete this year, things happen for a reason.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your ice cream!!
Deb