WOW - what a week...I am pooped!! I went from having hardly any work hours at the beginning of the week to now struggling to fit all the work hours into my days!! lol
I am on day 4 of carb depletion and really feeling it. Wednesday (no carb day) wouldn't have been so bad - given it's a rest day from the weights - if I didn't have to work 12 hours...and this week coming up is no different. Carb depletion makes me quite clumsy and I managed to drop a weight plate on my foot at the end of my first shift on Wednesday. It took a few seconds for the pain to kick in (I knew it was coming) and OMG did it hurt - I initially thought I had broken some bones and all I could think was about not being able to compete. Lucky it wasn't that bad, it still hurts a little but it's just really bruising etc by the looks. Would have been in trouble if it were a 20kg plate instead of a 5kg one, given I dropped it from about chest height.
I worked an extra shift today at the new job, 5.15am start....ouch that hurt lol. But was only a 5 hour shift so it went pretty quickly, and I trained when I finished. This afternoon I went to a training session for the 14 year old footy team an old friend is coaching - some of them are pretty unfit and my mate asked if I could come down and do a fitness session with them, and whip their butts into gear. I had pre-warning that a few of them had made comments like "as if a girl can break us!!", which only made me more determined to whip their asses into action lol. They were dying within the first 10mins of our hour long session - but it was awesome. Marty (the coach) asked them all at the end if they wanted me to come back and they all pretty much said yes - so I have managed to convert them to believers that maybe girls can train them properly!! lol So looks like I have me a regular gig training a footy team haha how fun!
On the way home - not sure what possessed me, maybe carb depletion making my brain not think properly - I decided that it would be a good idea to stop at one of the gyms I work at cos I knew they had a boxing session on tonight. OMG not the smartest idea I have had lately but what an awesome workout. I think I have definitely earned tomorrow night's cheat meal....I am hanging...thinking about 3kg of pasta would be a good idea to prepare me for another week of carb depletion!! lol
Not sure what is on for the weekend - too exhausted to do anything tonight, besides I am working tomorrow!
Anyway on that note I will love you and leave you all. Hope you all have a great Friday night and for those in Sydney who are heading to Mardi Gras tomorrow night have a ball!! Lol
Til next time, train hard and be good :)
Boxing sounds like fun, once I'm fully healed I'm going to give them a go too. I'm sure it was a bitter sweet session given your carb depletion Vicki. I hope you got some rest on the weekend as your body probably needed some. :o)
ReplyDeleteLia xxx
Boxing is loads of fun and an AWESOME cardio session...not to mention upper body workout! But yeah doing it on no carbs was a bit of a challenge lol. The instructor (who is actually also my colleague) thought I was insane!!
ReplyDeleteI used yesterday as a rest day instead of today (normally take Sundays off training) as was too exhausted to do anything apart from cardio and work - had my cheat meal last night (MASSIVE CHEAT!) and was able to smash it in the gym today :)
Let me know how you go with boxing when you have a shot at it :)