I titled this post BRING IT ON, referring to comp prep but it kinda has a double meaning...
I went back to the doc's the other day and we are trying for a medicated solution at the moment... I have been prescribed with a medicine to drink that is kind of like a colonic irrigation but reversed (well not entirely) - I drink this stuff and it is supposed to flush itself into my system, break everything down and remove itself if you know what I mean - well that is the plan. Anyway I have been prescribed with 8 (yes EIGHT) times the normal dose because my problem is so chronic, and have been given a week for it to work. If it fails I have to go back and discuss other options. The doc said it may take up to 3 days to start working on me. It has been 2 days so far so I am still hopeful that given the amount I am taking it will work. Pls keep your fingers and toes crossed for me because I am determined to compete in 43 days!!! lol
Dieting this week hasn't been so hard. I haven't been feeling hungry most days because of my tummy issue, which probably isn't a great thing for my metabolism but it's great for me that I haven't been feeling hunger pains - so some good has come of this :)
I brought my cheat meal forward one day this week and had it last night (Friday) rather than having it tonight as was going out to dinner in Newtown with some of my old workmates from when I worked in the corporate world. We went to one of my old local haunts, an Italian restaurant called Gigi, which does awesome food. I had marinated olives for my starter, a calzone (one of those folded pizzas) with ham, tomato, mushroom and bocconcini for main, and my trusty old gelato for dessert - I ate every last bit of my whole meal and enjoyed every mouthful. I have a gut feeling that this was my last cheat meal for the season so made sure I savoured it :)
Trained like a machine today - I always train awesome after a cheat as I am well and truly carbed up. I got to work early (had to work 9-2 today) and did a half hour on the stepper. When I finished work did one of my 'unorthadox' legs sessions - new one today:
5 x 20 smith machine squats supersetted with 5 x 20 farmers walks (dumbells)
5 x 20 45 deg leg press
5 x 20 close feet smith machine squats
3 x 15 single calf raises
and topped it off with another 20min on the stepper.
I haven't done any ab work in 2 weeks now which sucks cos normally do abs 3-4 times a week but I just can't bear the thought of doing stomach work at the moment!! Can't wait til I can do them again!!
Went for a much needed haircut after work, I am growing it out from being short and it was just shapeless so needed to be done. Going to colour it tonight :)
Anyway better jet, gonna go for a walk soon and then have some dinner and an early night....off to the IFBB Australasians tomorrow and CAN'T WAIT!!
Til next post, train hard and be good - and have an awesome weekend :)
Vic x
No comments:
Post a Comment