Friday, March 27, 2009

A bloody belly big mystery...?

It's funny...I keep reading everyone else's posts, and looking at all your progress pics, and every one seems to be getting smaller and coming in nicely...and then there's me and this Goddamned belly of mine.


So we have had lots of progress this week - well medicine wise, anyway. I have spent sooo much time in the bathroom this week I am actually contemplating getting it renovated so I can fit my bed, computer desk, filing cabinet, laptop, stove, fridge and kitchen sink in there. It is seriously getting beyond a joke - but in saying that it is obviously a good thing that all that junk is leaving my body.


BUT - there is still mystery.


I woke up nice and early for my 5am start at work, and thought 'might step on the scales this morning, after 4 solid (or not so solid? sorry, I know it's really bad humour to be making poo jokes, isn't it?!?!) days of elimination, surely there would be a massive drop on the scales'. Well, I would assume it's normal to have thought that.


WRONG.

The scales have actually gone up a kilo. WTF?


BUT WAIT - THERE'S MORE.


Yep - you are seeing correctly. It hasn't gone anywhere. Hasn't budged. Actually in comparison to last week's pics, it has increased in size (I really should be taking measurements).
Thinking this is getting beyond a joke, I went for my follow up at the docs. Given that I have had so much "activity" this week he is now adamant that the swelling is not related to the clogging I have been experiencing, because obviously that is shifting but the belly isn't. So ladies, back to square fucking one. I am now booked in for a pelvic ultrasound on Tuesday morning to see if they can find anything going on with my reproductive bits. I now have one word. FAAARRRRKKK!!! (Maybe Frankie is right - maybe it IS an alien after all??)
Anyway enough of the tummy talk. Onto other things. For the first weekend in, hmm, not sure - I have the whole weekend off! YIPPEEEEEE! Don't even know what I am gonna do with tomorrow!! I am gonna go train back this arvo, followed by a boxing class, and then my cousin Dani is coming over for a coffee n catch up, which will be awesome. Dani is my very first (and only ever) training partner, we used to train together when I first took up the gym, as she had been a regular gym-goer for years. Now I write her programs lol.
Tomorrow is leg annihilation day # 2 for the week, and no plans for the evening - me thinks a DVD night may be on the cards!!
Sunday is my catch up day with the fabulous Miss Fern. Then back to the grindstone come Monday.
Hmm ok been rambling for way too long now so will be off.
Hope you all have an awesome weekend :)
Train hard & be good,
Vic x

2 comments:

  1. Holy F##K @ ur belly pic Vic!!!! I had no idea it was that badly swollen. I hope that you find out what is causing it and it goes away quickly, you poor thing. sending you huge **Hugs**

    have a good weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's huge...and uncomfy...and this week I have had an abundance of pregnancy related questions :(
    Went to another doc today for a 2nd opinion (I omitted to write about how the first doc wanted me to be happy with his initial prognosis that given it wasn't the constipation causing the swelling, I was simply getting fat, despite my skinfolds telling me I'm at 10% and my tummy bump being rock hard; and how I was only given the referral for Tues' ultrasound on demanding he find the reason for swelling)...new doc seemed to have a brain and sent me for bloods immediately, I go back to see her for the results for those on Tues. Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete