As you may guess from this title, the belly has not gone down. Quite contrary, in fact - it is getting bigger. I actually look pregnant most of the time now and it is getting pretty distressing for me, I can't tell you now how many times I have been asked, I even had to go into detail with the doctor about how I KNOW I am not knocked up, lol
I took myself to the doctor on Friday after the last post, about the belly and about my burning incident (confirmed, 2nd degree requiring a cortisone cream - am pretty sure I am going to end up with lovely scarring), I am booked in for an abdo ultrasound and x-ray tomorrow morning...which is going to stuff my eating plan for tomorrow right up as I am not booked in til 830am and can't eat before :( Which sux cos I wake up hungy EVERY DAY!! lol
I am hoping the tests tomorrow show something to give me some answers.
I saw Mike on Saturday too, had only dropped 5mm in 2 weeks - not great given the carb depletion I have been doing, and also only dropped 1.2kg in that time too. He can't work out what is going on with me as I have never responded so slowly to things. Actually the rest of me is responding and leaning up, it's just this tummy. He was pretty concerned as he agrees that 9 weeks into dieting I should not have a belly, and has ordered me to go off and get full bloods done - so another morning this week will have to do the no food til late thing! Not looking forward to that but really really wanting to find out what is wrong. It has got me really down and contemplating whether I am gonna be able to compete in 7 weeks - I can't exactly get on stage with a ripped body and watermelon stomach!
I spent yesterday arvo with Fern, the other half of my brain these days - God love her, she always makes me feel better. I have so much fun hanging out with her, especially since she understands the headspaces I get into lol. We went for a walk to ASN Bondi Junction (stock-up time) and had the most delish kanga-kebabs and salad for dinner. Fern if you are reading this I took myself out today to buy baking powder so I could cook my pre-dinner egg whites the same as last night - YOU ROCK!! lol
I am sooo looking forward to the Australasians this Sunday - will be nice to be a spectator for once and enjoy the show from beginning to end. Will be seeing JD this weekend too as he will be down from QLD for the show and Mike may be on leave by then as his wife is due with their 2nd baby this week - Mike suggested I see JD to get my skins done, but also cos he has spoken with JD about what is going on with me and wants a second opinion. So will be good to hear what he has to say.
Anyway talked enough now. Better jet - hope you all have a great week :)
Train hard and be good
Vic x
hey V, hope that you can get to the bottom of what is causing your belly swelling. I am reacting slowly to the diet this time around too. wonder if this is normal after a few yrs of competing?
ReplyDeleteHang in there. xxx
Sorry to hear about your tummy :-( I do hope it settles real soon. PLease keep us up to date on it.
ReplyDeleteYou should see JD when he comes up it would be a great idea.
I have a friend Anne Marie competing there on the weekend (JD prepped her), she is in figure and she looks incredible!
I hope you guys take a camera and blog about it as I will be hanging to find out how it all went.
Hugs,
Deb
Thanks guys.
ReplyDeleteTara, I'm sure if you are reading this comment you have also seen today's post - nope not a normal scenario apparently!! But at least now I know the problem I can work on the solution.
Deb - I will DEF be taking my camera and posting piccies :)
xx