Ok so it was bound to happen sooner or later - I hit a wall today!! I got up early to take a 5.45am RPM class and spent the session feeling as though my legs were made of concrete...so, so heavy. Put it down to leg DOMS from Sunday's leg session followed by teaching Spin last night, in addition to all the extra cardio of late. After RPM I did 10min incline power walk, then came home for brekkie then off to train back, followed by 20min on the stepper after my weights. Spent most of the rest of the day feeling like curling up into a little ball and sleeping. I might also throw in here, just for the record, that I also spent the day alternating between extreme feelings of breaking my diet with a mountain of chocolate; killing someone; and bursting into tears. Carb depletion and me don't do very well together - have I mentioned that before? I am down to 30g oats in the morning, and fibrous veggies only, which for me is like nothing, given I grew up eating pasta twice a day for the better part of my life. It also didn't help that for the 4th month running our boss has decided to 'reward' the sales team (which I am part of) by buying everyone lunch. Now I might just mention here that there are 3 official sales team members (yes I make up 33.33% of the team) and 4 months running I have missed the reward, because the boss thinks that buying the team lunch from wherever she feels like eating is a reward for us. So 4 months running I have been forced to sit in on the following lunches, while I sit there and eat my steamed vegies and grilled fish:
* Chinese
* Thai
* Pizza / wedges / hot chips
* Can't even remember but would have involved something with a strong, inviting smell.
And today to top off the FUCK OFF AND DIE feelings I was having anyway, the boss (I might remind you all we are talking about a GYM here and therefore one would think my boss would be a little more understanding of my dietary choices) says to me, in between mouthfulls of mexican-nacho pizza, "are you SURE we can't tempt you Vicki?", and looked surprised when I looked at her, rolling my eyes, and replied "I don't WANT to be tempted with that - thanks but I don't train THREE TIMES A DAY so I can sit here and ruin it with pizza!!" I mean seriously - I have less than four weeks to go!! Do you really want me to fuck up now??
Anyway to cut a long story short, I politely sat there in silence, eating my fricken steamed broccoli, cauliflower and grilled fish, and left the room as soon as I was done.
So anyway, copious amounts of coffee later and I had gotten through most of the day. The initial plan today was to stay after work (was finishing at 8pm) to do about 30min more cardio but seriously I was dreading it...and given I have a 6.15am Spin class to teach in the morning I couldn't even comprehend staying back to do it. Anyway a venting phone call later to my beautiful friend Ferny (gotta love having friends who understand comp prep headspace) and I made the somewhat sensible decision to go home after work. No third cardio session today - I am listening to my body. I kinda felt guilty making that decision but at the end of the day - I am glad I decided against the extra cardio... I don't think I would be any good for it tomorrow morning (or all day tomorrow) and I actually in hindsight wrote in a blog entry last week that I would only do 3 sessions if I felt OK physically to do them...and I don't today. So guilt trip OVER.
Anyway enough of that.
Gosh I feel like this is such a whiney post but seriously it's just been one of those days.
I hope that all of you who are in comp prep are doing ok this week - I know I will be back on track after my nice massage tomorrow :)
Anyway better jet...bed time for this chook!
Til next time - train hard and be good. Vic x
Hey Vicki, hang in there darlin, its not too much longer to go. xxx
ReplyDeleteHey Vic, I'm sure you'll be better today. I probably don't really understand cos well won't be doing comp's anytime soon as I'm doing this for fat loss but I feel for ya. Its not easy but worth it in the end. xo
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the low carb thing. What's making my life better is baking my asparagus, green beans or kale @ 425 for 30 mins. They taste better and I don't miss yams or rice :)
ReplyDeleteKeep at it!