Sunday, February 22, 2009

Farewell weekend :(

Another weekend gone :(

I had a pretty good weekend personally...training-wise though was not really to schedule - not that that's always a bad thing. A bit of variety can be what we need most sometimes.

Saturday morning started with my ritual weigh-in. Hmmm I can't understand what's going on but every time I weigh myself I have gained exactly 300g. WTF?? I was 60.1kg Saturday 2 weeks ago, 60.4kg Saturday last week, 60.7kg on Tuesday (unscheduled weigh in, just wanted to see where I was at), and 61.0kg this Saturday. I think someone is playing with my scales trying to headfuck me!! lol

Anyway I couldn't see Mike to get my skinfolds done this week due to work so have to wait til next week. I am hoping to God they have come down otherwise I am in deep shit if the weight is creeping up for no apparent reason. I am eating 150% clean (with the exception of my cheat meal every week but that is scheduled and is written into my diet) and I am interval training like there is no tomorrow at the moment. Anyway no point spending the week speculating, may as well wait til next Saturday to see if I am dropping the fat still.

So anyway I went for my normal pre-brekkie walk yesterday and then went off to work. The plan was to train legs in the afternoon after work...but I was SOOO exhausted. Thought I'd have a power-nap then get up and hit the old gym - nope, didn't work. In the end I figured I would be useless in the gym training while that zapped, so figured it was best to take the day as my rest day and train legs today instead (Sunday is normally rest day).

Went off to Mel Zimmerman's PINK PARTY last night. It was good fun - caught up with some of the girls I haven't seen in forever. Will have to try learn how to post pics on this thing soon - I have some good ones of the spunky boys she had training the girls at her camp yesterday - they are from the Police Tactical Operations Unit and have bods to die for...anyway 2 of the single ones got auctioned off as "slaves" to help raise $$ for breast cancer and we managed to get them to take their tops off and do some push ups with girls sitting on their backs. See what lengths we went to in the name of charity!! lol

Today I hauled my ass to day 2 of Mel's camp. Would have liked to have gone for the full weekend but given I am at a new job wouldn't have looked good asking for my 1st Saturday shift off! It was pretty tough, we had a boxing/kickboxing session which also included loads of push ups, sit ups, planks etc...did a bit of weights, a bit of interval training, and a dance-style aerobics session. Got my cardio in which was great!! Once I got home I decided it was time to hit the old legs. Saturday legs session is not normally a conventional legs session as such (like Wed legs is)...it usually consists of picking a compound leg exercise and doing 10 sets of 20 reps. That's it. It doesn't take that long but fuck me it hurts by about set 6!!

So instead of hitting the gym I decided to do something I could manage at home with the equipment I have for my PT clients. So I grabbed my adjustable dumbells, loaded them up...and did 10 sets of different kinds of lunges - 20 each leg...5 of the sets were walking and the other 5 varied...followed by 5 sets of 20 squats - sumo and bench squats...and some ab work. I don't normally train at home cos I have a stupid concept in my head that it doesn't feel like a proper session....but it did today!! lol

Not much else happened to report on....am about to put together a cd for my spin class tomorrow morning, have already prepped my meals...so will be off to bed after that as have to be up at 4.45am!! eeek!!

On that note...be good :)

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOO Miss Misitano is in blog world - YAY
    See you tomorrow babe and PUT THE SCALES AWAY, your skins are more important...love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Vicki!!!!!!!!! So glad u've come in to the world of blogging. I had a feeling u were going to when u mentioned my blog the other day ;o) Sounds like you had a blast on the weekend!! Are you no longer sponsored by Grant? Have a great week!

    Hugs, Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can't beat 'em, you might as well join 'em. LOL!! Hi Vicki, welcome to the land of blogging. You're certainly a welcome addition to our online community and support network. :o)

    I'm no longer here on blogger but you can find me blogging here instead: www.liahalsall.com

    Lia xxx

    ReplyDelete