I seem to be a big one for attracting freaks into my life.
Against my better judgement, I have been chatting to someone for months now on facebook, and decided to meet up with him the weekend before last. The meeting went well, he seemed nice. I asked him while there about how he came to find me on FB and request me to be his friend.
Now normally I am pretty wary of strangers sending friend requests, unless I am familiar with their name (eg amongst the bodybuilding / competition circuit), for some reason I don't really consider these people 'strangers' as such. I am ususally pretty picky about people I have never heard of sending friend requests through, and I go through and look at any common friends. If I see (as 9/10 times I do) that the only mutual friends we have are FEMALE athletes, I generally then go into their complete friends list. Most of the time, it is a minimum ratio of 9 females to every male friend on their list, an the majority of those females are figure/physique/sports model athletes. I find this EXTREMELY weird, it's like some kind of fetish in my eyes - and BOOM! "Ignore request" is the next thing I hit...I hate thinking about what is going thru their minds when looking at our photos etc. Call me paranoid but I just think it's weird for someone not involved in this world to have an obsession with it.
Anyway this guy (let's call him "CB", short for Crazy Boy) told me he had come across another figure chick's pic in one of his mates' friends lists, and though it was a bullshit pic as he had never actually met girls who did this type of thing. So he sent a friend request, she accepted, and then he realised that it was for real. He then added another friend, and also sent me a request. All good at this time, I only saw 2 mutual friends, no other bb chicks, didn't think much of it. He went on to tell me that he had since deleted the other 2 as he hadn't really been chatting with them of late and had done a huge friends clean out and deleted the people he didn't talk to.
We had a laugh at that first meeting about people who were obsessed with female athletes and some of the weird people I have previously had on my friends list, who were obsessed with asking questions such as how big my biceps are, how much can I bench, and do I think I can beat them in an arm wrestle? Maybe 'normal-ish' questions as a one-off, but I am talking people who don't even really train obsessively asking these types of questions over and over until I end up blocking them. I am sure that I am not the only person out there getting these questions!
Anyway that meeting seemed to go ok, didn't seem freak-ish or anything. Alarm bells should have rang when I got a text from him within 2 mins of leaving his side (that normally sets the alarms off for me believe it or not - I have this thing for anyone seeming too keen, usually sends me running in the opposite direction at 100mph).
We organised to do a DVD night on the weekend that just went past. He came to my place Friday night and watched comedy stuff. I wasn't feeling it while he was here though. At one point he was holding my hand and rubbing my arm, but not like a normal stroking action, it was like fully rubbing, almost as if trying to feel my arm muscles. I started to get the 'this is a bit strange' vibe around this time but anyway, he ended up leaving not long after that, and wouldn't you know it - he sent me a text within a couple of mins of leaving (so he was obviously driving). This set the alarm bells off for me.
I didn't hear from him over the weekend, but then again if I were online and saw he was too I would quickly mark myself offline cos I just didn't want to chat to him.
Anyway to cut a long story short(er - I know it is already long lol), last night I was writing to a figure chick friend on FB when I noticed on the left hand side of the screen, he was a mutual friend. Looking at her wall, I saw they only became friends in the last week. Which made me very curious as to who else he had added. I couldn't look at his profile for mutual friends as his list is hidden (as is everything. he deletes all his wall posts, history etc. Only has a handful of photos in one album. When I asked him about this he told me he doesn't really use FB, only has it open while doing other things so he can chat to friends. He didn't say he deletes his wall stuff, he just said there's nothing on it as he doesn't use FB much). So I go and type his name into the search field, and didn't click him on my drop-down list. A pop up comes up like when you aren't their friend, showing mutual friends. There were 5. Sure enough - all figure competitors. And looking at their walls, all added last week.
So by now my gut is doing somersaults - not sure if I'm alone here but seriously - is this shit normal??
He sent me a chat following my discovery of all this - and I figured just raise the issue. So I did. He got very defensive, saying that he added people cos last week I called him a hermit (not true - not a word I would use, in fact I believe he said the word hermit during our meeting), that I'm not his girlfriend and sometimes people just don't have a spark, it doesn't mean they can't be friends (WTF??? Is he serious???) I told him I have no issue with who he is friends with, I just found it odd that he had added only bb chicks that he doesn't know - eg why didn't he add any of my other non-athlete friends? Why didn't he add any male BBs?
This conversation went on pretty much one sided after that - he started ranting, raving, calling me a fucking bitch, he thought I was normal when we met, am I on the gear (as in roids) as he has never seen this kind of behaviour, I should get help....in the meantime I am barely replying as he is going off...and I am on the 'remove from friends page'. When I hit 'APPLY' the chat disappeared (thank God!!) but then I get an email before I had the chance to completely block him - telling me not to bother apologising when I come down off my supplements in 5 days, he doesn't want to hear it, please don't ever contact me again (don't worry buddy - no fucking chance of that), via facebook or phone etc.
My only concern is - he now knows where I live. Not a nice feeling - I barely slept last night.
OK now that I am done raving - has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Do you guys think it's NORMAL when people (specially males but there are also females who do it too) specifically seek out figure/physique chicks to add to their friends???
Hmm RAVE OVER!!! lol. Time to go train - not starting work til 4 today so am going to try get more sleep in later on...
It doesn't sound right to me, it seems like he is hiding something from you. In my opinion I think he just wants to hit on as many fit girls as he can without getting busted for it.
ReplyDeleteI removed a guy that was coming on to me on FB chat, sleezy guy!
Also I know the girl your talking about that wants to know how big your biceps are and how much weight I can lift etc, she asked me a few times, i'm over it lol. She wants to know if I can beat her in an arm wrestle, how she lives in Europe somewhere LMAO.
Don't let this guy get to you though, he sounds like he is on a female mission of some sort. I hope I don't have him on my friends list! I doubt it :-)
Deb x
I know - it all seems very weird to me (obviously). I mean this guy doesn't even train, so it's not like he is into the whole gym scene without competing or anything. Whatever.
ReplyDeleteHaha how funny is that chick!! She got too weird for me in the end so I deleted her, but she has sent me quite a few friend requests since lol.
Happy to give you his name but don't really want to post it on here???
Anyway hope you are well and thanks for the feedback - glad to know I am not alone in thinking this stuff is not quite normal :)
Vic x
I will try and find you on facebook, we can talk more there if you like? :-)
ReplyDeleteI just sent you a friend request :)
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki I saw you on my followers list so I thought I'd say hello.
ReplyDeleteYep, definitely freaky. Not experienced it though as I'm not a BB chick (well I don't LOOK like one yet but I am in the head LOL).
I'm same as you in that I have a little freak out of someone's too keen.
Oh well...if you're following my blog I'm sure you'll find plenty of sad dating stories(and stalker stories hahah). I did date heaps when I first became single but haven't done so since I put on weight so when I get under 70kg watch out !
Nice to meet you.
Frankie
Hey Frankie - thanks for the post...I was actually having a little chuckle today at your blog!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear I am not the only one who gets freaked out about this kind of stuff/finds it slightly weird!!
Anyway nice to say hello and am sure we will chat again at some stage :)
Vicki