Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jumping on the bandwagon

So I have decided after following loads of other blogs that it was time I start posting my own.

For those who don't know me, my name is Vicki and I'm a figure competitor. I am on my way into my 4th comp season at the moment, 7 weeks into the diet...and 14 weeks til it's over for another season :)

I have decided to do 3 comps this season, all in May, beginning with the INBA Sydneys, followed 3 weeks later by the ANB Sydneys, and finishing up with the ANB Asia-Pacs a week later. Big season ahead but BRING IT ON, I say.

Dieting so far has been pretty easy. I have Mike Nysten looking after me and he's tops...am still allowed one cheat meal a week at the moment which I love! LOL... Am a big sucker for gelato (and if none available, normal ice cream will do!!) and have managed to squeeze it in every week so far :)
BUT in saying that it keeps me sane, and focussed - in 4 comp seasons I am yet to cheat on a diet outside my scheduled cheat meal.

So this season I have decided to come in bigger and better. I did 3 comps last season too and lost too much size by the end I think...the ANB Nationals I came in weighing 49.5kg which is too small I think, specially when the girls in figure seem to be getting more and more muscular each season (am I the only one who thinks that??)
I managed to put on a shitload of weight in the off-season...12.3kg to be exact...BUT in saying that I wasn't too unhappy about that cos as I said - BIGGER AND BETTER this year!! In 7 weeks of dieting I have only dropped 1.1kg of the weight I put on...and was initially freaking out BUT my skinfolds are dropping - meaning my training and dieting isn't having a catabolic effect...I am still gaining muscle while losing body fat. WOOT!! I have finally managed to do it :)
The only downside is that I seem to be holding a shitload of water at the moment so have a bit of a belly at the moment - only sometimes though, but I know that will go.

SO I have decided to steer clear of the scales, except on the days I have my skinfolds done, so that I can work out my BF%. Other than that they mean absolutely nothing.

I trained chest today, got a pretty good session in, finished each exercise with a dropset (except push ups off fitball...hard to make that a dropset, but it was an additional exercise anyway). I did the 545am RPM this morning and did a 40min walk (backwards) on the treadmill after training. Am trialling a new fatburner that I picked up from ASN last week and it is THE BOMB!! I swear I start sweating before my warm-up set is even done let alone by the time I hit the cardio :) Gotta love that!!

Cardio didn't seem so bad today but it's still my one pet hate. Does anyone out there actually like it?? The only time I don't seem to mind it is the days I teach spin - it's not so bad to sit on a bike when you're getting paid for it :)

ANYWAY I'm logging off this thing before I ramble any more!! First post and already talking your ears off lol. Blame the Italian blood ;)

Til next time - be good or be good at it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment