Saturday, February 28, 2009

Training at my fave gym :)

I just came back from seeing Mike and getting a training session in while there - I LOVE training at World. It's awesome :)

So for the first time in 7 (yes, that is not a misprint, I did purposely type 7) weeks my scales dropped today. Not significantly - actually, only 0.4kg, but they still dropped.

My skins were down 5.5mm from last visit, which was 3 weeks ago - so not a lot...but I am pretty convinced all 5.5mm was this week! I am not doing too badly, calculated it when I got home and I am at around 11.5% body fat which isn't too bad at all. I am just a lot bigger than I am used to being when at this bf level, so it makes me feel like I should be smaller - does that make sense? I quite obviously put on a shit load of size over the off season, which I am starting to like now that I am getting a tiny bit leaner. We were talking about my training split and Mike was actually amazed at the size of my biceps, which are fricken massive if I do say so myself. The only problem is that my shoulders aren't big enough for the size of my arms. So we are cutting down the arm work. In fact he has thrown an extra rest day in per week which prob isn't such a bad thing - up til now I have been training 6 days a week with weights, on and off season. So cutting back to 5 with just cardio on that 6th day - will prob get some of my energy back.

After my skinfolds and general training chit-chat with Mike was done, he introduced me to Big Luke Wood. I write Big with as a proper noun as seriously, Big should be this guy's formal first name. He is a unit!! I usually catch a glimpse of him when I go to see Mike as they train legs together most Saturdays (I see Mike at the end of his training session), but haven't actually met him so it was nice to do so today. BLW (easier to write) is actually training Mike now cos Mike is competing this year - I can't wait to see him up on stage. For any of you who haven't seen Mike, he is a tank. He goes in the Super Heavyweight division, is a giant (I would estimate somewhere between 6'5" to 6'7" at a guess) and weighs like 130kg. So will be awesome to see him get up there too!!

Hit the legs after that - again - in case they weren't smashed enough from my hectic legs week (see earlier posts, and add to that that I did an RPM class this morning when I woke up just cos I seem to like torture).

Am very undecided about tonight's cheat but leaning towards Thai. Not good, healthy stir-fry Thai either - hell, I figure if I'm gonna have a cheat, do it right and go something I LOVE but never eat, like Pad Thai!! I can eat stir-fry food when dieting!! hehe

Work tomorrow...then get to hang with the TANK tomorrow night :) We gonna do a bit of a walk if the weather permits, cook a bit of diet food for dinner, and have a slumber party at hers lol. I am teaching spin at 6am Monday morning a lot closer to her place than mine so easier to crash there and save me a 4.30am wake up Monday morning :)

OK on that note better jet. Catch you all later.

xx

1 comment:

  1. we had pad thai last weekend when we were down the Gold Coast. Was so yummy!!! but i could only eat half of what i was given. Prob a good thing hey ;o)

    Sounds like you have done a sensational job of training in the off season. You are in a good place :o) Can't wait to cheer you on, on stage!!

    Have a great time wiht TANK today, one day I will get to hang out with you two chickybabes too :o)

    Tara xx

    ReplyDelete