Thursday, April 23, 2009

YAY for Plyometrics, Caffeine and Protein Cookies!!

Training is going fabulously this week. I am loving the new way of training, it's nice to have a change after a few years of training the same way. Legs yesterday was a good workout, and today I did an RPM class this morning, and tonight a second indoor track/plyometrics session and another abs work out.

Before RPM this morning I kind of went a little off the eating plan for the day (OK by a lot)...I knew what kind of workouts were on the cards today and figured extra carbs/sugars was not going to hurt too badly. I smashed down 2 new MAX'S protein cookies...can I just say for anyone who hasn't tried them yet - they are DIVINE! OK so yes they are high in protein and I could have done much worse (ie chocolate or grease) but can't really justify it THAT much because they are also loaded with sugar. That being said, I also OD'd a bit on the caffeine today...had a big coffee with breakfast this morning and then swallowed 2 x Lipo 6 tablets prior to RPM...let's just say that my heart rate reached a high of 214 during the class and managed to stay above 200 bpm for the last 15mins or so of the class!! I burned about 500 cals in 40mins which I thought was pretty impressive :)

I then grabbed a large long black on the way into work, about an hour after that had a bottle of sugar-free V, and about 2 hours later another large long black. I didn't even think about the amount of caffeine in my system until I started getting slightly delerious (NEVER happens to me with coffee) and even fell off my chair while going to reach for the ringing work phone!! LOL...needless to say I managed to give everyone at work a good laugh today.

I finished at 7pm and got straight into the indoor track session...and burned another 495 cals during it....followed by about 75cals during my abs session. So not feeling soooo bad about the cookies now...but imagine I didn't eat them!! I would be in MAJOR deficit today. Oh well. They were bloody good!! hehe

I have tomorrow off (aside from one PT client) and looking forward to the weekend. Aside from training I think I will just be finishing off the last season of the Sopranos...will prob catch up with Miss Fern at some point too for a coffee (in case I haven't had enough caffeine!)

Reeeeeallllllly looking forward to next Sunday, when the Sydney comp season kicks off with the INBA Sydney titles. Will be helping out backstage so should be good fun :)

Anyway enough post-caffeine ramble, time for this little black cookie-munching duck to have a nice hot shower and curl up on the couch for some Tony Soprano action.

So, as always...train hard and be good,
Vic x

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED the Soprano's. Might put it on my DVD list for a repeat viewing I think.

    ENjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I have only ever gotten as far as finishing at Season 5 though as that's all I had on DVD. Over the easter w/e Foxtel had a Sopranos marathon on, and Season 6 started late Sunday night....I spent Monday driving back to Sydney so missed all of 6 & 6.5....but since I was in the mood again my dear brother let me bring his copies back to Sydney with me and I have been spending my free time on the couch watching!!! LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vicki, hows the tummy going? are we any wiser as to why u were bloating?

    I must try those protein bars. I usually only have them when I am stuck out at the shops with no proper food in sight. Nice for a treat hey! lol @ it being a treat!! pffftt since when did a protein bar become a treat?! I must be losing my marbles.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete