Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Decisions, decisions

Gosh, I have to start by saying thank you to all for your positive feedback / responses to my last post. It's sometimes hard to pick yourself up and keep going but having support like that which I get here makes a massive difference.
I am currently cardio-ing like a bloody madwoman and my legs are getting a caning. I have hit the stairs/sprints Mon/Tues morning, Spin this morning, trained legs Monday and today, and managed to squeeze so far an additional 6 cardio sessions in on top of the stairs/sprints/Spin class. And it's only 10am Wednesday!! I have never used Deep Heat so much in my life, my poor Spin class got a great wake up with it this morning!
So I have been tossing up a few options in the last few days. My first and foremost thought was to throw in the towel for the year and focus on next season, but the fighter in me tells me I can do this. My next debate with myself has been in regards to which comp to do next weekend. I was originally going to do IFBB then switched to ANB (same weekend) due to costs etc, and only having to pay one federation registration. HOWEVER I think that looking back on the comps I have been to and participated in, ANB tends to lean towards the overly lean girls, who are shredded to bits and don't have a lot of meat on their bones. I do not fall into that category. Experience also tells me that the IFBB comps (in particular those run here in Sydney) tend to go for the more solid girls, who are not overly hard (they mark you down if you are toooooo lean as in IFBB terms, figure girls should not be as hard as physique girls) and of late are placing more emphasis on fullness and symmetry. Which is kind of more what I have. So after double checking rego/entry fees for IFBB, it is cheaper than I had in my head (for some reason I thought it was $99 rego and $50 comp entry....it is $50 rego and $25 entry...BOO YAH!!) SO...I am now leaning towards IFBB. I hate being soooo undecided...is it just me or do any of you competitors out there find that your decision making ability turns to jelly when dieting??? lol
Anyway better jet, just thought I would get a quick post in to get my thoughts out of my head and into writing, and to thank you gals for your support :)
Til next time, train hard and be good...Vic x

4 comments:

  1. I think the change to IFBB Sounds like a good decision Vicki.
    Good luck with the cardio!!
    Shar x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vicki! I did the same thing for my 2nd comp decisions... even though this is my first year of competing, I went through the same things... you will work it out... but sounds to me like the IFBB will be the go... I agree with your opinions on the ANB, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wish I had of thought about that, I would have done the IFBB this weekend too! The Qld one is being held on the sunshine coast, never crossed my mind, too late now.
    I say go for it, sounds like a good plan.
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shar. I am managing to fit work, food and a tiny bit of sleep in between all the training so as long as I can hold out one more week, all will be good!! lol

    Kristin I definitely think IFBB is more suited to me. I have done a couple of IFBB comps before and I definitely feel more comfortable on their stage...not to mention that I feel like the judges actually LOOK at me in IFBB...I don't think in the 2 ANB comps I have done I have even seen the judges glance over in my direction so I obviously don't have what they are looking for.

    Deb - there is always next year ;) Enjoy the off season in the mean time - I am hanging for bowl of pasta, let me just say that!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete