I present to you, my Blogland friends, the infamous swelling belly (please note burn mark down centre of upper abdomen as described in Friday's post).
I am looking at the photos I just took of my tum and can't believe that this belly belongs to a person over 9 weeks into a competition diet. WTF!!!
So I had my ultrasound and x-rays done today...and apparently I have a "prominent loop of small bowel" and (block your ears if you get grossed out easily) "there is marked faecal loading of the entire colon..." I won't gross you out with any more details but basically I am extremely clogged up. I am having more tests tomorrow morning (CT scan) re the bowel loop but from what I have heard it's not great.
Not sure yet what this means for the May comp season, I guess it will depend on the treatment?
Sorry to be so graphic but I am pretty grossed out, not to mention freaked out, knowing this is happening inside me :(
Will post more when I know more - but at least for now I know there is a reason behind the swelling...SEE told you I'm not knocked up!! lol
awww can we still call it "baby"?? LOL
ReplyDeleteSorry Vicki - i know we can laugh bout it BUT it's no laughing matter - i'm glad you are getting it all checked out. At the end of the day, your health is of the utmost importance....comps can come and go - your insides are much more important than getting your cute ass on stage xxx here for you buddy
At least you're getting to the bottom of it Vicki. Like Fern says in her comment, you have to put yourself and your health first then you'll be right for competition. I hope you're not in to much pain. I'm thinking of you. :o)
ReplyDeleteLia xxx
I'm so glad you found out what it was at least. I know it's gross but it's better than worrying, and now you can get some treatment and get back to 100% health.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's not an Alien...which was my first thought...
Fark!! No wonder you were freaking out. Hope you get to the bottom (hehehe) of the problem soon Vicki.
ReplyDeleteOh, BTW, "Hi" I'm Shelley. I think this is our first introduction but I've been reading your blog daily.
Thank you all for your well wishes :) It really does mean heaps as this has really been getting me down.
ReplyDeleteFern - while it still looks like a baby, that is what it will be called!! Lol...as far as I'm concerned if people are going to assume that's what's in there I may as well take advantage of it and see the bright side - at least people might stand up for me if I were to catch the train or bus?? lol
Lia, thanks for the thoughts :) The pain is nowhere near like last week so that is a good thing, the cramping is becoming less frequent so not so bad anymore.
Frankie - I was starting to question it myself lol...
And finally Shelley - your first word sums up what I think everytime I look down at the lump!! hehe... Nice to meet you, I have heard bout you and been following your blog also :)
I will keep you all posted...
xxxx
Hi Vicki!
ReplyDeleteOh it looks so sore and uncomfortable.Thank goodness there is an answer and treatment to help you out.
I shall be interested to see your progress.
Best wishes...Trudsx
OMG you poor girl. I can't believe the size of it!
ReplyDeleteI do hope you get this sorted out ASAP.
Will be checking in to see how things go.
Deb x