Friday, March 13, 2009

Fun Friday - what a way to end a FAB week??


See picture to the left. This is kind of how I look at the moment - actually my belly is probably a bit bigger.
I woke up Thursday sans aches and pains (yay) but plus tummy cramps. Actually cramps would probably be a more pleasant version - whatever it is I woke up with has now been haunting me for 48 hours, comes on in waves of excruciating pain, and kind of has the sensation of being repeatedly kicked in the guts by someone wearing steel capped boots. Not that that has ever happened to me, but I am imagining if it did, it wouldn't be too much worse than this. Now with the cramps comes an increasingly swollen belly - basically not TOO bad on waking but by mid-morning it is pretty noticable - and by night time I have been looking approximately 8 months pregnant (I actually had someone ask me...) Now given I have been dieting for 9 weeks now - I should not have any form of belly right now!!
Not one to listen to my own advice, I went off to the gym yesterday given the muscle/joint aches had gone and I was feeling considerably stronger than Wednesday evening. Couldn't train as hard as normal and by the end of the weights session I wasn't able to push myself in the cardio arena so I went a bit lighter than normal, and only did one cardio session for the day instead of 2. Today trained back, and did 30min of OK cardio - was going to follow up with a boxing class or a walk tonight but feeling a bit crappy now (both metaphorically and now also literally, just in case you wanted detail) so not sure it is a wise move. I see Mike tomorrow though and because I am feeling so FAT due to this belly thing I feel like I should put the effort in and do some more. Man what a head f$@k!!! lol
To top my week off...I had a 5am start at work this morning, so I got myself out of bed at 4.15am, made breakfast, and figured I would take a thermos full of coffee to work with me rather than drink the rubbish one there. Not a smart idea. Combine 2 weeks of carb depletion with hardly any sleep, and what do you get?? Someone who decided to taste the coffee to make sure it was sweet enough, who managed to spill said boiling coffee out of thermos and down her chin / cleavage...result: second degree burns. Yep. On my chin, and in a straight line from the top of my chest, straight down the middle of my massive belly. The doctor loved me today.
Anyway I am hoping this weekend gets better than my week has been - esp with Mike's visit tomorrow... hell it can't get much worse at this rate lol.
I am really looking forward to this weekend actually, so long as this tummy gets better. I have one of my bestie's 30ths tomorrow night, her hubby has organised a cocktail party at their place for her, and Sunday arvo catching up with the FernSter and having another slumber party!! Yay!!
Anyhow better jet and make the official decision on cardio session #2...
Til next time, train hard & be good x

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a good weekend and your tummy finally settled down Vicki. :o)

    Lia xxx

    ReplyDelete