Sunday, March 8, 2009

My weekend blow out

I have been debating whether to blog today or not, pretty much all day. Mainly cos my cheat meal last night turned into a binge session and I didn't want to actually post how bad it was - but that is the purpose of this blog - to document all my ups and downs as a figure athlete.

I started the day well, had my weekly weigh in - down 700g since last weigh in. Got to work at the gym a little early to get the day's 1st cardio session out of the way, that was great. By about 12pm I hit a wall, I was feeling very flat and the idea of training legs when I finished work at 2pm was sounding less appealing. Mike sms'd me to see how I went with my weigh in and seemed happy - told me to add a small banana before training each day. That perked me up a little - actually a small banana a day sounded like carb depleted heaven!!

I decided that training when feeling so flat was not going to do me any favours so again I decided to switch my rest day - and train today (Sunday) rather than yesterday. I actually prefer to train on a Sunday as I have my cheat on a Saturday night and don't like taking the day off when I have had a cheat meal the night before.

Anyway in the late afternoon me and my bestie, Meegan, went for a walk - I love having company when I do my walks, it doesn't seem so long and boring :)
I was trying to decide what to do for my cheat meal and was craving a big burger. Meegan's fiance (a triathlete) had not long been home from training - he had done a 180km bike ride - and just wanted to crash - so me and her decided to have a girlie night at the pub.
And this is where it begins.

The pub is an old fave of ours, when we used to live together we used to go up there once or twice a week and everyone would always end up back at our place for more drinks. They have awesome food up there too.

So - the part I have been dreading. I had -
A burger (with the lot, except bacon) with chips and salad, followed by sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and icecream.
We shared a bottle of red too.
OK so that is a pretty decent cheat - I wouldn't feel SOOO bad if I didn't then stop at the servo and buy an almond Magnum on the way home.

There, I wrote it.

I actually felt sick when I got home - had to go to bed to get rid of the nausea. It was horrible.

BUT on the upside the energy I had in the gym today was insane. I smashed out 6 sets of leg extensions, 5 sets of leg curls and 8 sets of squats - every set was 20 reps. I followed that with a kick-ass cardio session. I was seriously sweating like a MOFO at the end of it.

Anyway I know I shouldn't dwell on what is in the past - it can't be changed so I guess the best thing to do is move on from there.

On the upside I have finally got my place organised now - bout time, I only moved in like 5 weeks ago!! Lol...I have been waiting to move some stuff I had in storage at my parent's place and it all made its way over here this afternoon. I finally have a proper spare room, my office is now being set up cos it has a desk/bookshelf/filing cabinet, my boxing equipment (punching bag, speedball etc) is now here so I can set it up to train clients, and do boxing sessions myself at home, and loads of clothes that I had at their place - some of which I had forgotten about - is here now too...it was like Christmas!! lol

Anyway I better jet, I have to be up at 4.30am to get to the gym to teach spin and do some morning PT sessions...OH nearly forgot to mention - prob the most exciting thing of my weekend - I called the gym I am working at on Monday mornings to check what clients I had scheduled for the morning - and found out I now have my first celebrity client booked in every monday morning with me :) WOOT!!! Go me!!!

Til next time, train hard and be good xx

4 comments:

  1. That's not so bad, it wasn't a binge as such. Of course you felt sick after consuming foods your system isn't used to but as you realised today you trained like a women posessed. The extra calories you consumed aren't worth the increased cortisol from beating yourself up for it. What's done is done. You've accepted the responsibility, now let it go and move forward without looking backwards Vicki.

    You're human and you will learn lessons along this journey of yours. It's what you learn and do with that information that really matters.

    Don't sweat on the little things. You're amongst friends here. ;o)

    Lia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's hard to blog when you've been not so good but I'm so glad you did. It really helps us non figure girls understand that no-one is perfect and that even when we get to that "magical weight" we want, there are still issues to be dealt with.

    Sounds like you had a good night though and that killer workout next day...not ALL bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - it helps to have the support of you guys, seriously it does wonders. Lia I know it probably isn't what most would call a full-scale binge but given I am usually so self-controlled to me it probably seems worse than it is. I guess the one thing I haven't mentioned in my blog yet - is that I (like probably a decent number of figure girls) am a former anorexic - and one thing we are good at is control. To be out of control - which I admit I was on Saturday night - is out of character and feels like a sign of weakness (despite my subconscious knowing that it's not - it's a sign of being human).

    Anyway I really do appreciate hearing your comments and Frankie - yep us figure girls, despite being as physically close to perfection as possible when up on stage - mentally go through the same body image issues and struggles that most females out there go through.

    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vicky!
    I know this really isn't much about the food you ate that night but more so about "control". I believe you still had really good control and it could have been worse. The next day you smashed your weights session and your body loved you for it all!! :-)
    You are always in control, if you weren't you wouldn't be back on track right now, if anything the entire process had a positive out come.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete