Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lurgies won't leave!!

Another weekend bites the dust! So we are now at the 10 week mark...gosh it's gonna FLY! I think I have finally nailed the headspace thing...and worked out my biggest issue. I have put on a lot of size in the off season (purposely I might add - needed more fullness in my muscle bellies...I love that word, bellies...) and every time I look at myself and where I'm at, and contemplate what I have to get to - I continually picture how I have looked in past comp seasons. And freak out that I can't do it. Therein lies my problem. I HAVE PUT ON SIGNIFICANT SIZE. I am currently sitting about 12.5kg above the weight I last competed at. I am NOT going to be the same as before - that was the purpose of growing in the off season! Now that I have that through my thick skull, I am in a much better place. I am bigger and harder than I have been before so I am where I wanted to be - and didn't realise that up til now. SO YAY!!



Anyway enough about that.



I am still a tad on the unwell side. I have managed to get my training in and made up for the training I missed while at my worst flu-wise but haven't been able to lift as heavy as I haven't had the physical strength, so have just tried my best to sweat it out in the cardio dept. Yesterday I went to work (first time since Wednesday) but by the time the workday finished my glands started to come up. Eeewww. Was supposed to go to 2 birthdays last night but went to neither, instead staying home to make more soup (I am gonna turn liquid at this rate) and spend some quality time on my couch, watching one of my all time fave movies that was on the tele last night (the Jackal) and stalking the net trying to get updates on all the fabbo babes that were competing at the All Females (and might I add, WELL DONE to you all!!! You all looked sensational and did yourselves proud!) Feeling really really run down and am fatiguing really easily, doesn't take much more than me being out of the house a couple of hours so hoping this leaves soon.



Today I started teaching a Posing class to some newbie figure girls at World Gym (my FAVE FAVE GYM!!), I was asked recently to take it over as a friend who was running it has moved to the US, and I jumped at the chance. Trained legs while I was there (I specially love training legs there, their equipment is awesome) and did both of my cardio sessions too (one before, one after the class). The girls were lovely which helps and had done a few prior classes so had a good starting point to go from. Can't wait to see them up on stage later this year!



Not much else to report. Food going really well, hopefully will be able to train at full throttle in the next few days...there is only 10 more weeks after all!

Hope you are all well. Til next time, train hard and be good.

Vic x

4 comments:

  1. These bloody lurgies that are around just won't bloody bugger off will they? Bloody Klingons.. he he..sorry that was a 'gerd' joke...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now going through my followers list to visit everyone & here you are!
    I hope you're feeling better and up to snuff.
    I read your profile ... "I knew one day I would prove the bastard wrong."
    LOVE THAT YOU DID!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Vicki, hope that this bug goes away so u can get back to full strength asap!! Good luck with the next 10wks. day at a time hey babe!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frankie I know...they are horrible! I wake up every morning feeling better and then WHAM! 'soon as I try do something I feel like I been hit by a truck. Oh well. Sweat em out, I say!!

    Fitcetera (soz...gonna have to call you that cos don't actually know your name lol) thanks for dropping in :) I love that I proved him wrong too - that's my nature though - don't take well to being told I can't do what I wanna do!

    Tara - yep one day at a time. I haven't actually missed any training believe it or not, and have gone as hard as I can actually go on the day which is what counts. 10 weeks...far out...it's gonna FLY!! Can't wait though, I love love love comps! Hope you are going well babe - your pics are awesome :) x

    ReplyDelete